Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Lock-Groove Lull is the best Halloween song.
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Lock-Groove Lull is the best Halloween song.

It seems that droning organ music and heavy reverb have always been trademarks of "monster music". You might could find something suitable in this vein from Stereolab in the early years 91-95.For me Lock-Groove is the one with the clanging bass in a perpetual lock groove and the lull of Laetitias zombie like vocal. About 3/4 way through the song is a grinding sound akin to a saw!

Oct 26, 2008, 15:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Re: Lock-Groove Lull is the best Halloween song.

The "being pursued up a steep, haunted stairwell by unseen shadowy forces" middle section of Moodles, is pretty scarey as well.

Oct 26, 2008, 15:55

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Eeriest Stereolab moment ever: "Spacemoth" intro.

The coda of "I Feel The Air" is also shiver-sending.

Oct 26, 2008, 16:36

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

I hear what you mean. Did you catch the munching and slurping sounds with belch at the end? The creature had a meal!

Oct 27, 2008, 01:40

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

This is one of my favorite songs, gives me shivers every time.

Oct 27, 2008, 17:19

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Pop Molecule as the background music behind Godzilla as he does battle with Megalon.

Oct 27, 2008, 19:31

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Was listening to fruition last night. Even scarier then Lock groove

Oct 27, 2008, 20:05