Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Wikipedia love for Stereolab?!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Wikipedia love for Stereolab?!

Is Wikipedia doing some cookie-based customization or is The Groop actually today's featured article on the main page for everyone?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Feb 17, 2010, 08:14

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DSB
3 posts

Re: Wikipedia love for Stereolab?!

it's good to see something worth reading on the front page over there for a change.

Feb 17, 2010, 09:29

basil too
275 posts

C O O L !

Feb 17, 2010, 10:31

popeye
78 posts

it said " stereolab were an alternative band..."
it still is a band..

Feb 17, 2010, 12:36

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

It's 4 realz, d00d!

Feb 17, 2010, 13:50

Martian
Martian
328 posts

Yup, I noticed that too. Some interesting discussion on there too. . .

Cybele

Feb 17, 2010, 14:47

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Yes, interesting discussions were prompted in my household in reading some of the footnotes, specifically, SI. always leads to a discussion of propaganda in general and it's potential consequences.
anyway I'm not going to trouble my little noggin with all that. revolutions are fought for the sake of my coffee and probably every item I bring in to my household to sustain my existence. and that's just the way things are. I try not to consume too much.
the product I consume the most of is smokes. I do this because I believe a synthetic lung will be developed in my lifetime. something in mylar maybe. you know, change them once a week or so. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Feb 17, 2010, 16:36

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

My coffee was free. The media/coffee store gives it to us when it goes past it's expiration date. They've given us at least 40 lbs of coffee this year. I haven't even finished two lbs of it. It's nice. We go there for fresh espresso. Speaking of propaganda, they let all the customers read the magazines for free. I read my dance magazines, the Futurist,national enquirer, and some music magazines and Mental Floss. Never ever buy them. I should start reading National Geographic. I like that one.
anyway, everybody always says Stereolab is Marxist. I don't see how an artist could succeed and be marxist unless their success was inflicted upon them. My interpretation of "stars" in a marxist system is that they are incompatible. Is this meant to be a joke? Is the groop just trying to have a little fun with everyone? the ideas of fame, art, and marxism seem incompatible to me. yet, here is this product.
I suppose there is room for stars as long as they're proponents of the state system. but it's all just some silly propaganda anyway. I'm not going to let politics overshadow the music and relative human experiences in the music. It's all beyond me. I'm a yokel from the sticks.

Feb 17, 2010, 16:54

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Eddie Chargeman wrote:
revolutions are fought for the sake of my coffee

That really is true....

I recently watched a documentary on coffee. Has an awful history associated with slavery. Then later dictatorships. Add fascism and communism to the mix. Quite the brew eh?

Oh I forgot capitalism. Coffee has a brutal boom/bust cycle. And lets not forget corporatism. The big coffee companies rake in millions while farmers live in subsistence (barely).

Kinda surreal. They showed footage of Brazillians burning heaps of coffee beans to create scarcity.

All this for an irritating narcotic that tastes yucky without sugar.

Reality really is strange.

Feb 17, 2010, 17:00

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

oh I forgot all the rainforest slashed and burned.... yay

really... we should all smoke pot instead

Feb 17, 2010, 17:02

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index