Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
yet another stereolab origins
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

yet another stereolab origins

part 16!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSQOwrpLxKk

we're also djing, for those in brooklyn who might be interested...

Feb 21, 2010, 22:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: yet another stereolab origins

Hah, Yes?! Great, never heard that one before!
For Olv 26 I'd say it reminds me more of a part out of "Autobahn"

Nice vid as usual! Keep up the good work :)

Feb 21, 2010, 22:19

popeye
78 posts

that starship trooper song sounds good!
thank you for the effort.

Feb 21, 2010, 23:54

calapia
calapia
252 posts

I'm interested....let me know where you're dj-ing in Brooklyn!

Feb 22, 2010, 16:48

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

popeye wrote:
that starship trooper song sounds good!

Ha! Prog rock! I suppose there is a vague prog-rock influence behind a lot of Stereolab stuff, and I think there's some sort of similarity in mood between the Lab and Yes - an ethereal quality and avoidance of the Blues/Pop/R & B cliches that influence so much music...if you're interested, 'The Yes Album' from which Starship Trooper came might be a good introduction to Yes and the world of prog (could be a long old journey, mind)

Feb 22, 2010, 17:12

Dominick
Dominick
141 posts

YES!!! WOW!!! REALLY????LOL

My other top top top favorite band! I've never heard much of an influence before, but hey! There it is! StarshipTrooper! SWOON!

I'm going to see Yes tomorrow @ the HOB here in Dallas and again on Wednesday @ the HOB in Houston.

Yay me!!!

Feb 22, 2010, 17:22

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Dominick wrote:
YES!!! WOW!!! REALLY????LOL

My other top top top favorite band! I've never heard much of an influence before, but hey! There it is! StarshipTrooper! SWOON!

I'm going to see Yes tomorrow @ the HOB here in Dallas and again on Wednesday @ the HOB in Houston.

Yay me!!!

Don't forget your silver cape!

Feb 22, 2010, 17:27

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Great work! I knew there was a link between Yes and Stereolab. Although I could hear a nuance of prog sounds in SL music I could never pin that down like this.
Thank you.

Feb 22, 2010, 18:33

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Yours Is No Disgrace in my fav from the Yes Album. Fragile is also equally as good.

Feb 22, 2010, 18:35

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

DJing details

I'm co-hosting a weekly event, "This Time Tomorrow" at Botanica (Red Hook, not Houston) every Friday at 9pm. It is definitely happening 22nd of Feb...

I play a wide mix of music, but if you like the "Origins" series you'll probably hear something to interest your ears. Very good mixed drinks, too.

Feb 22, 2010, 18:55

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index