Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shiner, Munich Style Helles Lager
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Shiner, Munich Style Helles Lager

Good, right?

Oct 29, 2008, 03:36

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Shiner, Munich Style Helles Lager

(I know I'm right).

Oct 29, 2008, 03:36

Kazak
Kazak
1619 posts

The way it's so prevalent in Oklahoma and Texas, I sort of tend to think of it a little bit like Budweiser, only for people who actually like beer.

Oct 29, 2008, 04:21

motoroller
79 posts

Haven't tried that one yet. I'd much rather go with the real thing (Paulaner or Spaten), which only cost about $2 more per 6pack.

The only Shiner I really liked was their Koelsch, but they've apparently discontinued that. Fuckers.

Oct 29, 2008, 20:14

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

I might get a carton of Kronenbourg later.

Oct 30, 2008, 02:29

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

whoops i got Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey instead

Oct 30, 2008, 05:50

bloom3
2 posts

I disagree with that statement - have you ever even been down here Kazak? it is foolish to think that just because budweiser is from the midwest that a craft brewery in central texas must taste the same. you should try it - you may be surprised.

Shiner is one of the few breweries in the country that is crafting a variety of old-world style brews under one label. They are in the middle of nowhere which is more impressive (no culinary centers like napa or nyc nearby).

the shiner dunkel is very competitive to a Franziskaner - if you don't believe then do a blind test.

Oct 30, 2008, 20:30

Kazak
Kazak
1619 posts

Read what I said again, I compared the two in prevalence alone, and even said Shiner is for folks who like beer. I personally love Shiner *insert variety here*, and cannot stand Budweiser (gag me!).

Oct 30, 2008, 20:33

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

american beer is grosssssssssssssssssss. Urine in a bottle.

Oct 30, 2008, 23:48

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

waxenpith wrote:
american beer is grosssssssssssssssssss. Urine in a bottle.

Shiner doesn't taste like that. Miller does.

Oct 31, 2008, 02:01

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index