Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
XTC re-issues
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

XTC re-issues

I always appreciated their song stories with colorful people as the song subjects with characters like Battery Brides, Scissor Man, Sgt. Rock, Snowman, Vanishing Girl, The Mayor of Simpleton, Peter Pumpkin Head just to name a few and my favorite Generals and Majors…uh huh. Reportedly some XTC re-issues will be coming from Virgin Records in 2010. Do any of you Knights in Shining Karma out there have any comments or information about this? Which character are you?

Thanks,
Merely a Man

Mar 03, 2010, 20:24

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

Re: XTC re-issues

On the subject of reissues, I noticed while shopping yesterday they've reissued the Spacemen 3 catalog. Great albums, imo.

Mar 03, 2010, 20:30

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I suppose I could be the Greenman. Lay your head on me if you must, but heed me always.

Either that or I'm just a Goosey Goosey.

Mar 03, 2010, 20:37

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Speaking of XTC, it just so happens that my brother's band just did a tribute show this past weekend. Here's "Meccanik Dancing (Oh We Go!)":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5LmcbHZBc

Mar 03, 2010, 23:28

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

wracket wrote:
I suppose I could be the Greenman. Lay your head on me if you must, but heed me always.

Either that or I'm just a Goosey Goosey.

a man of nature you are.

Mar 04, 2010, 00:59

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
On the subject of reissues, I noticed while shopping yesterday they've reissued the Spacemen 3 catalog. Great albums, imo.

Thats a really nice violin on Transparent Radiation!

Mar 04, 2010, 01:07

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

wracket wrote:
Speaking of XTC, it just so happens that my brother's band just did a tribute show this past weekend. Here's "Meccanik Dancing (Oh We Go!)":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5LmcbHZBc

tapped my foot the whole time. Which one is your brother?

Mar 04, 2010, 01:09

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

My bet would be on the tallest one. :)

Mar 04, 2010, 04:22

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Ha, actually my brother's six inches shorter than me. He's the lead singer and guitarist in this particular song, though everyone (except for the drummer, who only does percussion) can be seen playing any instrument or singing on any given track.

Mar 04, 2010, 07:39

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

XTC .... one of the few bands that made mid/late 80s bearable for me.

I am def. "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRQGZUKS2Y

Mar 04, 2010, 10:13

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index