Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Chemical Chords
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

luryalurya
2 posts

Chemical Chords

I'm realy disappointed from this LP. Now, after I heared it through for the last two months, it's clear to me that it is a weak piece, indeed. The songs are just bad, except "fractal dream of a thing" that's maybe pretend to be fascinating like the tracks in LP's like Cobra, Sound and Margerine, but as much as the other tracks, it sounds just as a small idea for a fragment in a bigger , wizer piece of track, like the Lab did before. I hope this LP is not the "Swan song" of the lab. As a musician, you can't take such tiny fragments and make complete LP, I don't think any kind of lush production will compensate for the lack of good-complete ideas, and I realy don't want to talk about the production, that as the lack of ideas and motivation for individual tracks, the complete piece is surely not homogenic, as it suppose to be.
May the music be with you guys!

Oct 29, 2008, 12:24

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Chemical Chords

It's one of my favorite Lab albums.

Oct 29, 2008, 14:39

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I found I was way less critical of it when I stopped trying to put it up against their great works of the past.

Oct 29, 2008, 14:56

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

I think it's their best since Sound Dust. I'm happy with it and listen to it regularly.

Oct 29, 2008, 15:15

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

luryalurya wrote:
it sounds just as a small idea for a fragment in a bigger , wizer piece of track, like the Lab did before.

well, you do know that this is only one half of a whole, right? i wonder if the more inspired stuff is on the tracks we haven't heard yet -- laetitia seems to think so...

Oct 29, 2008, 15:19

luryalurya
2 posts

[/quote]

well, you do know that this is only one half of a whole, right? i wonder if the more inspired stuff is on the tracks we haven't heard yet -- laetitia seems to think so...
[/quote]

I wish to hear what she thinks... ;)

Oct 29, 2008, 15:46

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

It is a phenomenon on how CC has grown on me. It remains a staple in my car?s 6 cd changer along with DL and SD. During a recent drive to a job site with a professional colleague CC was playing low in the background behind our conversation. He said ?what are you listening to....I really like that!?

Oct 29, 2008, 15:53

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

I think its some of their more accessable material. Ppl respond to it, for the sake of music. It's a new fan getter, not an old fan pleaser. Its more pop. Less prog. As a creature that devours music i appreciate the change.

Oct 29, 2008, 16:01

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

beautiful record....

Oct 29, 2008, 16:43

Thessaly
57 posts

It's not my favorite either, but I make come to like it more later. I was unimpressed with Fab Four Suture when I first got it, could not distinguish between the songs, then I set it aside for two years then picked it up again and enjoyed it.

Oct 29, 2008, 17:41

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index