Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
10/24/08 Setlist
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

10/24/08 Setlist

Percolator - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Neon Beanbag - Chemical Chords
Eye Of The Volcano - Fab Four Suture
Mountain - Refried Ectoplasm
Chemical Chords - Chemical Chords
Self Portrait "With Electric Brain" - Chemical Chords
Ping Ping - Mars Audiac Quintet
Valey Hi! - Chemical Chords
Lo Boob Oscillator - Refried Ectoplasm
Ecstatic Static - Chemical Chords
Double Rocker - Sound-Dust
Silver Sands - Chemical Chords
John Cage Bubblegum - Refried Ectoplasm
French Disko - Refried Ectoplasm
Cybele's Reverie - Emperor Tomato Ketchup

Encores:
Vortical Phonotheque - Chemical Chords
The Emergency Kisses - Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night
Stomach Worm - Peng!

Oct 29, 2008, 20:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

Re: 10/24/08 Setlist

AZRay17 wrote:

Encores:
Stomach Worm - Peng!

The first song of the encore was acctually announced as Bump

Oct 29, 2008, 21:55

25 posts

oops...I meant "actually" :P

Oct 29, 2008, 21:55

25 posts

Laeticia also announced during the show that the band had a piece of equipment stolen and that we had to guess what it was. After the next song she said that it was a computer, "but we don't need no computer for Ping Pong!" before they broke into the song. It was cool.

Oct 29, 2008, 23:23

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

Machine is Bored With Love wrote:
Laeticia also announced during the show that the band had a piece of equipment stolen and that we had to guess what it was. After the next song she said that it was a computer, "but we don't need no computer for Ping Pong!" before they broke into the song. It was cool.

Tim was telling my friends and I before Stereolab went on about it. He was really bummed as it had music and programming on it. They used some of that programming on some of the Chemical Chords tracks. Those songs sounded different without it.

Oct 30, 2008, 03:49

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

AZRay17 wrote:

Encores:
Stomach Worm - Peng!

The first song of the encore was acctually announced as Bump

Perhaps they decided to change it up during the break after Cybele's Reverie. That setlist was attached to Joe Watson's keyboard.

Oct 30, 2008, 03:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Did they really play ..Voltage..Milky Night? It's not on the set list and they didn't play it anywhere else that I know of. I really wish I could have heard that!!!

Oct 30, 2008, 04:21

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

oops, never mind, my brain is fried! I meant come and play in the milky night. Oh well. :(

Oct 30, 2008, 04:23

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
oops, never mind, my brain is fried! I meant come and play in the milky night. Oh well. :(

No, I listed the albums each performance was from, and Emergency Kisses is from the Cobra and Phases.... album.

Oct 30, 2008, 04:59

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

AZRay17 wrote:

Tim was telling my friends and I before Stereolab went on about it. He was really bummed as it had music and programming on it. They used some of that programming on some of the Chemical Chords tracks. Those songs sounded different without it.

Please tell me they had a backup.
:(

Computers? We don't need no stinkin' 'puters!

Oct 30, 2008, 17:26