Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Help Me Obi Wan Adobe!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Help Me Obi Wan Adobe!

Psst! You guys, help!

My computer caught the clap and had to be wiped clean -- but now I have no graphic design software! Is there anybody out there who can help?

I realize this is entirely inappropriate, but desperate times require desperate measures. Help me Obi Wan Adobe, you're my only hope!

Mar 20, 2010, 21:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Help Me Obi Wan Adobe!

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Psst! You guys, help!

My computer caught the clap and had to be wiped clean -- but now I have no graphic design software! Is there anybody out there who can help?

I realize this is entirely inappropriate, but desperate times require desperate measures. Help me Obi Wan Adobe, you're my only hope!

aww damn that sucks. what adobe software are you looking for? i have cs2, but i don't know how to send stuff like that. good luck.

Mar 21, 2010, 00:35

revox
revox
800 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Psst! You guys, help!

You "realise this is entirely inappropriate"!
You're an idiot!
Buy yourself a copy.

Mar 21, 2010, 00:50

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Gimp is a good stable freeware photoshop rip off. I use it at work for the webstuff that i do.

Mar 21, 2010, 01:14

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

It's 1400 bucks! I'm no Liberace!

Mar 21, 2010, 02:21

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

photoshop.com

You can do some free stuff at https://www.photoshop.com/

Not sure if it's got what you want, though.

Mar 21, 2010, 02:32

revox
revox
800 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
It's 1400 bucks! I'm no Liberace!

1400 Bucks! That's a damn sight cheaper than those corporate ba*tard* at Adobe are charging the rest of the world.

I'd like a Morgan V8 but I can't afford one, what do you suggest, I go out and steal one from the street - do you have any idea what's going on in the UK, do you know what Mandelson is pushing through? http://www.techradar.com/news/networking/kill-the-digital-economy-bill-677111

Wise up.

Mar 21, 2010, 09:40

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Yes, try Gimp - for any commercial software there is nearly always an open source equivalent. You can try googling "open+source" + the software you want and you'll usually find several options. Long Live Open Source!

Mar 21, 2010, 11:39

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Psst! You guys, help!

What did you have on your computer before it crashed? Why can't you get that again? Yes buying a whole new CS suite is horribly expensive. I only get Photoshop, and most of us who have it are on the upgrade treadmill, which isn't as expensive. Well, it's a couple hundred bucks, but I feel like when I decide to upgrade, the new features are worth it. Getting the whole suite I wouldn't be able to afford and would only be able to do it if I had a job that made it essential. I think it's way overpriced. However I think it's the best art software out there, and adobe knows it and knows they can get those prices from the professionals. It sucks.

Mar 21, 2010, 17:40

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

I'm sorry if I sounded like some kind of leech, I sort of posted in a panic, but really, I've had a bad run of luck lately and can't afford to spend that kind of money, especially since using said software is supposed to be my MEANS of making money. I've been picking up little projects here and there, and if I can't get it back, any momentum I'd been gathering is going to go right out the window.

Anyway, what I had before was CS3 Master Suite. I lost track of the guy I originally got it from and I don't have a copy of the disc.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I just thought I'd give it a shot. Anybody like the new White Hinterland?

Mar 21, 2010, 18:42

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index