Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Help Me Obi Wan Adobe!
58 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Help Me Obi Wan Adobe!

DevastatorJr. wrote:
revox wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:
revox wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:

Morals are for the blind, not the critical mind
Morals which don't even tackle the real issues
Moral which seek intervention and control
Morals which don't even tackle the real problems
Morals that just seek control over our lives
-- Nihilist Assault Group

I can picture you now, fingers in your ears - la la la La La La LA LA LA - quotation, the last refuge of the thoughtless indoctrinated.

Well the first refuge is ad hominem attack. I don't know why you feel the need to insult me personally and put words in my mouth instead of stating your case rationally. I've tried to refrain from such tactics and would thank you to do the same.

Anyway, another reason why blind abstract morality should be abandoned in favor of looking at the issue at hand specifically, is the fact that the item in question is literally immaterial. It' not like a car or television set, it's a collection of 1' and 0's. My using a pirated copy does not prevent them from selling it to anyone else, and again, since I don't have the money anyway, it's not like they're losing anything from my using it. It's the quintessential victimless crime!

Ah. The old self-righteous indignation stage, the fact that you're using or feel the need to use illegal software can't be harming anyone because there is no 'blood on the knife' is now MY fault. I'm the one putting words in your mouth, I'm the one making (dare I use the word) 'morally' questionable 'tactics' to insult you - wow, you're squirmy; you're also cracking.

Well, I don't really care except that it's annoying, childish baiting distracts from the substance of the conversation, which is what I was intersted in when I engaged you. So I guess I'm done.

Don't give me that cop out crap, substance of the conversation?
Huh?
Your intent has been clear all along and that has not been to have a conversation that does anything other than salve your conscience or titillate your inner child.

Baiting? Hm, I wonder whom is baiting whom, the point of your 'conversation' is certainly not to discover what options you have to pursue the employment by which you feed your family.

Mar 22, 2010, 22:55

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: