Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Will we hear Stereolab again?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Will we hear Stereolab again?

Laetitia is an artist in her own right, and apparently really enjoying it and growing. Tim is maybe working on some soundtrack thing, or maybe just enjoying time with his family.

BUT I think, as Pikey said when I saw him at the Stereolab gig, Tim can't not do it. Maybe he's learning how not to be Stereolab. But the impulse might come upon him, he might get a good idea or be inspired by who knows what music, and want to express himself. If he can rally the troops, I think he'll do it rather than create a new band, if that's the sound in his head. Laetitia seems to be interested, but I bet they won't tour. Maybe do a few odd gigs that will be like precious gold for us, and might be awkward and unpracticed sounding. Or might be full of energy and potential barely realized. I'm still hopeful.

Mar 25, 2010, 16:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Will we hear Stereolab again?

i think it's good, them moving on to other things without the pressure of putting out another 'stereolab' record -- i'm sure that was a large part of what was stifling their growth creatively. if stereolab does reform it will have to be something that everyone involved really wants. right now it just doesn't seem that imperative.

Mar 25, 2010, 16:13

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
i think it's good, them moving on to other things without the pressure of putting out another 'stereolab' record -- i'm sure that was a large part of what was stifling their growth creatively. if stereolab does reform it will have to be something that everyone involved really wants. right now it just doesn't seem that imperative.

I don't expect it to happen anytime soon, but Tim is a creative person and will have to express himself somehow.

I've seen signs in interviews that Laetitia would be open to it. As far as the other band members, it's hard to say. Seems like Andy would be on board...

I also suspect Tim is what is holding up CC2, as I think Laetitia wouldn't mind that happening either. And I think she may have had more of a hand in it.

Mar 25, 2010, 16:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

And I meant to say... stifled growth is a matter of opinion.

Mar 25, 2010, 16:29

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

if they arn't going to do a full (pardon the expression) Tit's out Tour they may as well not bother. Money comes from touring.

Mar 25, 2010, 17:47

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

waxenpith wrote:
if they arn't going to do a full (pardon the expression) Tit's out Tour they may as well not bother. Money comes from touring.

touring just to chase after that proverbial carrot must get daunting after a while...

maybe between the royalties they get and the money that comes in from the work that their partners do, they make enough to live comfortably right now. i imagine that the next time they tour it will be on their own terms...

Mar 25, 2010, 17:54

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I am sooooo over carrots.

Mar 25, 2010, 18:19

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I guess the core at this point is Ramsay, Johns, Laetitia, and Tim? So many have come and gone. And Stereolab really hasn't been the same without Mary.

Mar 25, 2010, 19:55

Dominick
Dominick
141 posts

matthew6 wrote:
I guess the core at this point is Ramsay, Johns, Laetitia, and Tim? So many have come and gone. And Stereolab really hasn't been the same without Mary.

Yep...I'm still good with being a FAN and hanging out on StereoLab's fan-site; mingling with my like-minded buddies.

AFAIC If we get more LAB, great! If not, I'm sure Tim, will have something new for us sometime near in the future.

I for one would love to go see a flic in my local theater knowing Tim, is doing the sound. Yep, it would dearly tickle me.

I digress,
I'm "guessing" that as soon as Laetitia, runs out of cash and has her fill of "solo" we're gonna get more LAB.

Mar 25, 2010, 22:10

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

No, we won't, and that is right - we shouldn't.

The golden years will never come back.

I'm talking 94 - 01.

Mar 26, 2010, 00:53

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index