Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
YouTube/Firefox/Flash problems...
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vega
vega
492 posts

YouTube/Firefox/Flash problems...

Anyone having trouble playing YouTube videos? Recently for me they are very slow to load and jerky...etc. Even when you let the video fully load and then play it, it's jerky and freezes for a moment from time to time.

Using the latest versions of Firefox and flash.

It's a mystery...

Mar 29, 2010, 21:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: YouTube/Firefox/Flash problems...

I've had a bit of that, but it seems to come and go. If you restart Firefox does it help any?

Mar 29, 2010, 21:37

vega
vega
492 posts

Comes and goes as you say. Tried FF in safe mode etc. Just wondering if it's me or a flash/ff conflict...

Mar 29, 2010, 21:42

vega
vega
492 posts

Well I downloaded google chrome browser and no problems playing videos so it must be a firefox thing with me. sigh...

Mar 30, 2010, 00:16

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

tech support 101

Close browsers, Uninstall Flash, reboot, reinstall Flash and test.

If that doesn't work, then Close browsers, Uninstall Flash, Uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall Firefox, reinstall Flash and test.

If THAT doesn't work, do all of that, but after rebooting in the middle, delete their C:\Program Files\ folders and use the "Registry scan/fix option" in CCleaner (search Google, it's free) to clean out orphaned entries from the registry, reboot and reinstall.

Mar 30, 2010, 01:33

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: tech support 101

I'm also thinking you might have installed some 3rd party app or got spyware/malware/trojan/rootkit/whatever. Maybe try Spybot (I love the Immunize feature in there as well) and Malwarebytes. all frweeeeeeeeee

Mar 30, 2010, 01:35

vega
vega
492 posts

Re: tech support 101

Yeah - done all that - seen the movie - bought the t-shirt etc.!

I'll have to wait and see if FF 3.7 will fix the problem when it comes out. Google Chrome works for now...

Mar 30, 2010, 11:21