Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Whatcha listening to this week?
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Whatcha listening to this week?

Classical Indian Sitar and Surbahar Ragas: Baluji Shrivastav. The Pearl: Budd and Eno. Faust IV and 71 minutes: Faust. Struttin: The Meters. Keb Darge's Legendary Deep Funk, vol one.

Apr 06, 2010, 21:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

GaryB wrote:
Ooh, scary. I had 666 on yesterday, the same day I ordered a Windy & Carl LP

:)

~8^)>

Apr 06, 2010, 21:51

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

revox wrote:

Aphrodites Child - 666

~8^)>

i only know the four horsemen from that, which i love. the fiance hates it, but i love.

is the rest as good? its kicking around in my local hmv for a tenner at the moment.

Apr 06, 2010, 22:18

revox
revox
800 posts

musicforeels wrote:
revox wrote:

Aphrodites Child - 666

~8^)>

i only know the four horsemen from that, which i love. the fiance hates it, but i love.

is the rest as good? its kicking around in my local hmv for a tenner at the moment.

A bargain, buy it - yeah, the Four Horsemen is commonly known for the dance/dj sampler from it, I believe, but it's a great work all round. Silver Koulouris' guitar break in Aegian Sea has to be one of the finest 'guitar' moments on record and the closing song, 'Break', one of the finest lyrics (sung by the drummer) - heartbreaking.
Some avant-garde moments but it's awesome - Babylon, Loud, Loud, Loud. The Seventh Seal into Aegian Sea - MUST PLAY LOUD!

~8^)>

Apr 06, 2010, 22:48

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Madlib's Medicine Show mixes, especially Flight To Brazil, and Flight to Africa, which are hip hop flavored mixes of Brazilian and African 60's and 70's pop, respectively. I can't get enough of these.

Gaslamp Killers mixes are really great too, instrumental hip hop with an indie rock sorta sensability, great, fuzzy sound textures, beats and noise. My kinda stuff!

Ganja Sufi, Killer's sometime collaborator's album 'A Sufi And A Killer.' It's a mess of a blend of psych rock, dub, hip hop and whatever else, but it works. Fave track so far, "Sheep".

And I just discovered this, a 1973 side project from Os Mutantes singer Rita Lee, 'Cilibrinas Do Eden.' Check out that groovey cover - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kMkWq1e4b7s/SNGmtK62fkI/AAAAAAAAAbc/2A9UOF_ys8g/s400/front_cover_small.jpg

Stereolab track of the week - The Super It!

Apr 07, 2010, 02:39

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

"People are expensive", arn't they. Did some sampling on iT.

Downloaded some Echobelly. Do you like Big Sky Mind?

Apr 07, 2010, 04:01

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Downloaded Get Me Thru The Good Times. Great song.Thanks.

Apr 07, 2010, 04:05

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
"People are expensive", arn't they. Did some sampling on iT.

Downloaded some Echobelly. Do you like Big Sky Mind?

Hmmm.... to be honest, I haven't gotten familiar with "Gravity Pulls" yet. Maybe I wasn't in the Echobelly mood when I finally picked up the cd, but I'm getting back into them lately so now you've made me dig this out again, thx. :)

I think I'm going to have Echobelly on heavy rotation tomorrow while working.

As for "Big Sky Mind"... I'm listening to it now and I'm enjoying it if that helps. It's a relaxing sort of song with a spacey beginning and end, but slow guitar strumming in the middle. I don't think I'm too good at describing music sometimes. :)

The "People Are Expensive" struck me more than their last so far, but I'll let you know if G.P. strikes me tomorrow.

I used to love their earlier albums. E.G.O. was serious-y, On was optimistic sounding, and Lustra was a great but mixed bag collection. The singer sure enunciates very clearly when she sings! Also enjoyed their socially conscious lyrics.

Apr 07, 2010, 04:34

olssen
23 posts

[quote="meanchico"]in heavy rotation:

Beach House - every damn track they've released. if you get the chance to see them on the Teen Dream tour I highly recommend it.

Erykah Badu - her latest; not nearly as boring as I initially thought it was.

Apr 07, 2010, 08:36

olssen
23 posts

Still loving Beach House Teen Dream...

Really want to love the new Erykah Badu, but I find it such a let down after 'New Amerykah Part One', which was and still is amazing. Is Part Two worth investing a bit of time in??

Apart from that it is all about SLEATER KINNEY for me at the moment...just discovering them really, submerged myself in their seven albums...excellent band, unfortunately now split up.

Apr 07, 2010, 08:42

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index