Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Whatcha listening to this week?
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: Whatcha listening to this week?

Hobobachang wrote:
Soon I will see Janet as half of Quasi

A third I mean, as they now have a bass player too! So half of Malkmus's "Jicks" will be on stage :P

Apr 10, 2010, 02:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Music for 3 pianos is a very lovely album from Budd as is "La bella vista" also check out "Avalon sutra" (if you haven't already) I also really loved the double cd of "Translucence and Drift music" that he did with John Foxx, you're right about him not having enough recognition, spread the word coz he has composed some of the most lovely music to ever grace the human ear, ( at least I think so anyway) kind regards Joe.

Apr 10, 2010, 16:37

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

the beep of my fathers heart monitor.

Apr 10, 2010, 16:50

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

and Suede's Dog Man Star. :)

Apr 11, 2010, 12:51

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
A mix of some favorites on a cd. Sorry, I can't remember all the titles off the cuff right now, but includes:

Belbury Poly -
Wolf People - Village Strollin
School of Seven Bells - Wired For Light, Chain, White Elephant Coat
Komeda - Cul De Sac
Blonde Redhead - Silently, Heroine
Massive Attack - Girl I Love You
Le Futur Pompiste - Seeds, Don't Let Go
Broadcast-Unchanging Window,Come on Let's Go, Man is Not A Bird
High Llamas -
Cranberries - Linger (an old favorite, mind you)
Charlotte Gainsbourg - Operation, Set Yourself On Fire

I'll do an addendum later on High Llamas and B P. Check out Belbury Poly if you get a chance.

That was Harvey Daily Mix a collab with Sterolab & high Llamas and Designated Wizard Practice Area by B P. Belbury may be a little too synthetic for my usual taste.

Apr 11, 2010, 16:10

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

microbehunter wrote:
Tortoise - A Lazarus Taxon (2000s)

I like Didjerido with the xylophone. Jetty 99 has a pinch of Parsec flavoring don't you think.

Apr 11, 2010, 16:35

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

Mono - Gone on tripple vinyl. Also Nurse With Wound's, 'Paranoia Hi-Fi'......the stereolab toward the end is a nice surprise : )

Apr 12, 2010, 00:18

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I listened to Stereolab this week. Today I want to listen to circus screamers. but I can't find any that meet my criteria. I don't want to listen to the clarinet. It's not often that I listen to the music because it frays my synapses, but this week I've been more amenable.
Last Sunday I watch psychedelic videos from the sixties on you tube and I became very analytical about it.

I like that song and I want to play it on my Harmonica but without all the singing just with Harmonica only. Plus I like that picture of that doll face sylph, it inspired me. but I enjoyed perusing these old tunes and looking at the album covers and listening to the songs, some were truly awful. There's a song called Fresh Garbage!! Yikes! it's crud.
But that one song I can really jam on my blues harp to. Plus I found a new American made harp I'm lusting for, oh, it's so extravagant, I must have one.
I don't listen to much. It's hard enough to get any peace and quiet.

Apr 12, 2010, 16:28

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

This morning:

Saint-Saens, Carnival of Animals & Organ Symphony

DJ Spooky, Songs of a Dead Dreamer

Avalanches, Since I Left You

noise

Apr 12, 2010, 17:11

el wanko
142 posts

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - round & round

why have i never listened to them before?!

Apr 12, 2010, 21:38

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index