Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Whatcha listening to this week?
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Whatcha listening to this week?

Gone a little dance pop this week; can't get the new Lucky Soul tune out of my head...

And in a similar vein:

Apr 12, 2010, 21:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

c in dc wrote:
Gone a little dance pop this week; can't get the new Lucky Soul tune out of my head...

My lord she has the single most saccharine voice i have ever heard.

Apr 12, 2010, 23:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I like this song. It's fairly cliched and pretentious. It makes me Boogie OOgie. I LOVE it when the guy says "I'm Am the GOD of Hell Fire!" I go CRAzY!

Apr 15, 2010, 00:56

revox
revox
800 posts

Fontan - Winterwhila
Voice of the Seven Thunders LP
Midlake - The Courage of Others

~8^)>

Apr 25, 2010, 22:16

el wanko
142 posts

This is happening

new LCD Soundsystem album, 'home' is fkg amazing!

Apr 26, 2010, 05:34

hito
hito
1745 posts

Well, a couple of things recommended here including Ruth White and Laurie Anderson's second record. Thanks people.

Also, the Divine Comedy. I never seem to tire of them. A short album about love (extended version) is particulalry appealing.

Amazing Baby is also good and occasionally not so.

Tame Impala has its strengths.

And some people have mentioned memory tapes. I really like one of their tracks called bicycle.

a bit of Bollywood too. Again, hit and miss.

Foreign Accents by Robert Wyatt.

I did give chemical chords another go too. Still undecided.

Apr 27, 2010, 10:27

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

"moondog & suncat" by kenny graham

the new fall lp

daughters of albion's self-titled lp from 1969

and the radiophonic workshop lp from 1975.

and also "old lungs" by the 'lab, which is on the jukebox in my favourite pub at the moment.

Apr 27, 2010, 22:20

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I'm listening to a commercial I saw on tv and think it's number 1. I wish Chemical Chords 2 would come out. I'm ready for chemical chords 2 and I can't wait any longer. It's going to be the best album ever. and everyone everywhere will love it and buy it by the gross. I have been listening to the Zurich commercial as it's been played for years and I LOVE it! i've lost my mind it is peaceful and simple yet such a wonderful lovely fortitude of dignified desperation. I don't know what they're selling. It seems exclusive, mysterious, and I've got to have some. and I want that commercial song on a record disc that I can listen to.

Apr 28, 2010, 18:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I want to play it over and over. I think it is the most significant recording of the 21st century and I would like to hear it featured more prominently as it was 2-3 years ago. I think it should come back it to popularity and dominate our lives fro the good of mankind. Here I'll play it for you so you can agree with me. because agreeing about music is what the Stereolab forum is all about.

as you can hear for yourselves I am correct in my delineation; it's the most important piece of music in 10-15 years easy. Let's reflect over it's impact in our daily lives and the power it has to change mankind. It's HIGH art!

Apr 28, 2010, 18:08

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

Loscil 'First Narrows' (2004)
Shostakovich 'String Quartets' (Emerson Quartet)(1999)
Mogwai 'Happy Songs for Happy People' (2003)
Jimi Henricks 'Valley's of Neptune' (2010)
Steve Miller Band (iTunes mix)
SeeFeel 'Quique' (1993?)
Vincent Russo 'Transire' 2010 (mp3)

May 05, 2010, 19:49

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index