Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Whatcha listening to this week?
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Whatcha listening to this week?

What a castanet manx! and not a bad cantor.

oh well I promise not to subject you to anymore castanets. I know it's way too exciting for you amigo/as! OLE!

May 23, 2010, 03:19

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

k. wrote:
They have a nice offer to pre-order the CD (about us$14.75 total incl shipping) which comes out in August, but you get the 320mp3/flac now. I wish more artists would do this.

http://thesoundcarriersceleste.melodic.co.uk/

I may just have to do this. Anyone have the download yet? How is it?

May 23, 2010, 22:16

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
k. wrote:
Celeste, the 2nd album (in 2 years) by The Soundcarriers. This is a wonderful group on the melodic label, a band that Lab fans and Bcast fans might want to check out.

I forgot about them, never got their first one either. I think I've seen it in the record stores too, just fell off my radar. I like what I've heard though thanks for the reminder.

i've been playin celeste non-stop the last 2 days. It's really good.

#8 is my favorite track. awesome vocals.

May 23, 2010, 22:17

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

haha, we posted at the same time. Great to know!

May 23, 2010, 22:17

k.
k.
407 posts

I got the dl with the purchase the other day, and it's right up there with the debut. Very well worth it.

May 26, 2010, 16:22

k.
k.
407 posts

Tobacco - Maniac Meat
Soundcarriers - Celeste
Solvent - Subject to Shift
Emeralds - Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Caribou - Swim
And some music by a friend.

May 26, 2010, 16:25

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

k. wrote:
I got the dl with the purchase the other day, and it's right up there with the debut. Very well worth it.

i would say it is superior to the first in many ways. Although the first had some stand out tracks, it was not a very cohesive record. Celeste shows some maturity, especially with the vocal arrangements. i had to stop myself from listening to it the last 2 days in order to prevent myself from wearing it out. And since i'm going on a road trip tomorrow, i want it to be fresh. it's awesome.

May 26, 2010, 17:47

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

k. wrote:
Tobacco - Maniac Meat
Soundcarriers - Celeste
Solvent - Subject to Shift
Caribou - Swim
And some music by a friend.

Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends
Ariel Pink- Before Today
Soundcarriers - Celeste

sem.

May 26, 2010, 17:48

k.
k.
407 posts

That's pretty crazy.

How's that new Ariel Pink? I only ever heard the Scared Famous reissue.

May 26, 2010, 18:02

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

k. wrote:
That's pretty crazy.

How's that new Ariel Pink? I only ever heard the Scared Famous reissue.

It's pretty good. i'm not a convert yet to his vocal style, as i generally don't like the Hall & Oates cheese influence going on there, but the music is entertaining enough to make up for it.

May 26, 2010, 20:16

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index