Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?

Apr 27, 2010, 19:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

The bill was congruent with the best interest of constituents. See Rassmussen Poll:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/arizona/toplines/toplines_arizona_and_immigration_april_27_2010

Do you favor or oppose the new immigration law signed by the Governor last week?
64% Favor
30% Oppose
6% Not sure

Apr 28, 2010, 18:00

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

No, we're going to want them to enforce the law and have the ability to proceed with deporting illegal aliens. The bill does not support profiling of any kind if you read it.

Cybele

Apr 28, 2010, 18:02

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I'm sorry, but you have got to be fucking kidding me. The constituents support it so it must be okay? Never in the history of our planet has fascism found any support from the constituents, has it?

I don't know the details of this bill enough to know how accurate Rachel Maddow's description is, but that is moot. Arguing that the public supports it so it must be right is fucked in the head. Because that's democracy, right?! One of the few things America still has going for it--its Constitution being the oldest living document of its kind in the world--is being pissed on by shit logic like this.

Apr 28, 2010, 18:35

Martian
Martian
328 posts

Yes, the majority of people in Arizona support this bill, according to Rassmussen. As we live in a representative system, this would mean that the politicians elected by their associated constituency are acting on behalf of their constituency.*

"I don't know the details of this bill enough to know how accurate Rachel Maddow's description is, but that is moot."

No, it's not moot. Read the fucking bill instead of drinking the Anderson Cooper Kool-Aid, dude.

Also, please calm down.

Thanks,
Cybele

*For more proof of how this system works, wait until November and 2012 to see the results of what happens when the politicians elected by their associated constituency DO NOT act on behalf of their constituency.

**Need proof of my point in real-time as opposed to November and 2012?
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot
G'head and stick that table on the right onto Excel, create a graph and notice the trend. . .

Apr 29, 2010, 00:41

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

ME! :)

Apr 29, 2010, 01:12

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

In case anyone missed these. Colbert and Daily Show. Funny and spot on.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Word - No Problemo
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFox News

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Law & Border
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

Apr 29, 2010, 04:48

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Martian wrote:
Yes, the majority of people in Arizona support this bill, according to Rassmussen. As we live in a representative system, this would mean that the politicians elected by their associated constituency are acting on behalf of their constituency.*

"I don't know the details of this bill enough to know how accurate Rachel Maddow's description is, but that is moot."

No, it's not moot. Read the fucking bill instead of drinking the Anderson Cooper Kool-Aid, dude.

Also, please calm down.

Thanks,
Cybele

*For more proof of how this system works, wait until November and 2012 to see the results of what happens when the politicians elected by their associated constituency DO NOT act on behalf of their constituency.

**Need proof of my point in real-time as opposed to November and 2012?
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot
G'head and stick that table on the right onto Excel, create a graph and notice the trend. . .

The WHITE people such as your self Cybele suppost the bill but all the LEGAL latinos in Arizona are flocking to Terry Goddard. And you really think red neck police offers are not going to abuse this law? Seriously? Like most GOPers the one thing you are good at is RACIAL PROFILING.

Apr 29, 2010, 13:00

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

I think Jan Brewer forgot that the ones here legally can still vote.

Apr 29, 2010, 13:01

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

Folks, I can't talk to him, He's a complete fucking idiot.

Apr 29, 2010, 14:01

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index