Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Re: Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?

TheAllNewCybele wrote:
Folks, I can't talk to him, He's a complete fucking idiot.

Okay..

Apr 29, 2010, 15:01

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

"The WHITE people such as your self Cybele suppost the bill but all the LEGAL latinos in Arizona are flocking to Terry Goddard. And you really think red neck police offers are not going to abuse this law? Seriously? Like most GOPers the one thing you are good at is RACIAL PROFILING."

Do you know how incredibly stupid that makes you look? I try to lay out my points and support them with stats and shit. In response, you generalize (as usual) about the evil, white Republicans. It doesn't hold water, not even on this forum, which tends to have people that agree with you, fundimentally and politically.

What I'm saying is, the "blame Bush and the evil white Republicans" response is very paultry and it will doom you come November and 2012. I don't care how much

Also, contrary to what you think, this has caused a bounce towards the positive for the evil, white governor of Arizona:
"A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state shows that 56% now approve of the way Brewer is performing her role as governor. Two weeks ago, just 40% offered their approval."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/arizona/election_2010_arizona_governor

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 15:43

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

On the contrary, this has caused a bounce towards the positive for the evil, white governor of Arizona:

"A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state shows that 56% now approve of the way Brewer is performing her role as governor. Two weeks ago, just 40% offered their approval."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/arizona/election_2010_arizona_governor

Apr 29, 2010, 15:43

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

About 90% Arizona Hispanics Under 18 Are U.S. Citizens

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2010/04/29/most-growth-in-arizona-hispanic-population-comes-from-births-of-new-us-citizens/

Apr 29, 2010, 16:21

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

TheAllNewCybele wrote:
"The WHITE people such as your self Cybele suppost the bill but all the LEGAL latinos in Arizona are flocking to Terry Goddard. And you really think red neck police offers are not going to abuse this law? Seriously? Like most GOPers the one thing you are good at is RACIAL PROFILING."

Do you know how incredibly stupid that makes you look? I try to lay out my points and support them with stats and shit. In response, you generalize (as usual) about the evil, white Republicans. It doesn't hold water, not even on this forum, which tends to have people that agree with you, fundimentally and politically.

What I'm saying is, the "blame Bush and the evil white Republicans" response is very paultry and it will doom you come November and 2012. I don't care how much

Also, contrary to what you think, this has caused a bounce towards the positive for the evil, white governor of Arizona:

Cybele

It's obvious that the Republicans are afraid of becoming a racial minority.

Apr 29, 2010, 16:24

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

What makes you say that? Or are you just throwing that out there as another in the heap of generalizations you've built up in your hatred and inability to substantiate anything?

Fact is, the majority of Republicans, including myself, would endorse a sensible path to citizenship, and there is bi-partisan agreement on tougher border control.

Immigrants are not a problem. Illegal immigrants are a major problem.

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 17:15

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

These are polls of everyone, not just Republicans.

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 17:16

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

Re: About 90% Arizona Hispanics Under 18 Are U.S. Citizens

Yes. If your parent is an illegal immigrant and you are born in the US, you are automatically a US citizen.

Again, these Rassmussen polls are not targeted at specific groups of people. They are random polls of everyone.

So. . exactly what is your point?

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 17:19

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

No, you're totally missing the point. This could be the best bill ever. No racial profiling or constitutional desecration whatsoever. This bill could be better than an all day MST3K marathon. But defending the bill by citing polling numbers shows a naivety about modern history. Just because the constituents support something doesn't make it right.

Let's go straight to perhaps the most obvious example, shall we? Once upon a time, the constituents of a fallen world power, also under trying economic and cultural circumstances (though surely not as trying as those of modern-day Arizonans!), threw their support behind an up-and-coming political party. Not in just a poll, mind you, but via a proper, free election. What could be more democratic than that?! Here, I know you'll want to read all about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_election,_March_1933

Again, I'm not talking about the merits of this bill. Could be better than a corned beef and havarti sandwich on rye. I'm addressing your frighteningly faulty logic in citing a Rasmussen poll to defend said bill.

Apr 29, 2010, 17:28

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

intermission:

btw, immigrants from Iceland, we check yoe papers at the doe. No special privileges foe discovering America.

Apr 29, 2010, 18:09

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index