Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Re: Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?

TheAllNewCybele wrote:
What makes you say that? Or are you just throwing that out there as another in the heap of generalizations you've built up in your hatred and inability to substantiate anything?

Fact is, the majority of Republicans, including myself, would endorse a sensible path to citizenship, and there is bi-partisan agreement on tougher border control.

Immigrants are not a problem. Illegal immigrants are a major problem.

Cybele

Cybele, how would you feel if you were latino, born and breed in Arizona and you forgot your wallet at home, a police officer thinks you look "illegal" and asks you for your papers, I mean wallet. What would you do? That is 6 months in jail for you! No questions asked.

Republicans tried racial profiling after 9/11 with the muslims. It didn't work.

Apr 29, 2010, 18:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

So the public that supports this bill are acting like Nazis. Yeah that's a wonderful argument.

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 19:17

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

That is not what the bill says the police can do. By the way, my girlfriend is Hispanic. I would have problems with the bill if it allowed that.

Also, if that scenario happened to me, all I would have to do was open my mouth and say, "here's my license. . .run me and see."

Cybele

Apr 29, 2010, 19:20

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

Please read the bill.

Apr 29, 2010, 19:21

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

TheAllNewCybele wrote:
That is not what the bill says the police can do. By the way, my girlfriend is Hispanic. I would have problems with the bill if it allowed that.

Also, if that scenario happened to me, all I would have to do was open my mouth and say, "here's my license. . .run me and see."

Cybele

Umm I don't think a cop is going to take your word for it if your wallet was at home. But I'm sure some how, you would be able to make him believe you.

You should also know better from being a Chicago native that police are not to be trusted. Imagine if we passed a bill like that here. Chicago police would be beating up every latino in site.

I also find it bizarre that in the bill it clearly states that if an individual's rights are violated you can't sue the government, only the police department.

Apr 29, 2010, 19:31

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

TheAllNewCybele wrote:
So the public that supports this bill are acting like Nazis. Yeah that's a wonderful argument.

You are a bright star in a dark universe, you. Reading comprehension not really your strong suit, eh?

Let me try to make it a little easier for you, old chappy. Constitution = good. Mob rule = bad. Water = wet. Conversation = over.

Apr 29, 2010, 20:25

EnosEmurf
EnosEmurf
22 posts

How is this not like the Weimar Republic? Instead of addressing problems with the citizens of the state people are focusing on easily identifiable minorities as the cause of problems.

This is the same exact thing, happened in the 18th century with African-Americans(yes the racism we've come to know was not always status quo in America), happened in the 40's with Japanese-Americans, Italians to a lesser extent and to European Jews.

This shit is fucking wrong. No group, be it working legitimately through the government or not should ever be allowed to decrease the rights of another in this way. This is purely based on how a person looks. If you're a legitimate citizen you have no reason to carry identification, at least for the government's sake. What the fuck is freedom if you can't do that?

America's problems have far more to do with American citizens than with illegal immigrants or even the government for that matter. Who elects these assholes? Who lets these assholes sell us out for capitalistic endeavors? Who lets these assholes decrease privacy? The American citizen.

Apr 30, 2010, 05:17

Dominick
Dominick
141 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
they look like this...

I look like this.

Apr 30, 2010, 09:46

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

Long Live King George!!! By the way how is life in the colonies these days?? Things are smashing here in old blighty.

Apr 30, 2010, 13:23

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Some people in Britain (and by some I mean a few million) actually think that immigrants get gifted the best housing and snazzy footwear.

May 01, 2010, 06:37

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index