Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Can someone tell me what an illegal immigrant looks like?

May 03, 2010, 20:58

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dominick
Dominick
141 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

Simply marvelous!!!

May 04, 2010, 09:45

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Another classic from Irish Immigrant Morrissey

May 04, 2010, 21:59

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Re: Another classic from Irish Immigrant Morrissey

Wasn't he born in Lancashire?

May 05, 2010, 20:02

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

SURE - there are two kinds. One has some sort of identification: drivers licenses, ID card, check book, insurance card for their vehicle......an address and other such things (kids may be enrolled in school). Illegal is all get out, but they can prove who they are.

The other sort has none of the above. Usually can't speak much English and doesn't hold down a regular job

May 06, 2010, 13:45

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Hey Cybele, check this out.
http://crooksandliars.com/node/37107

This 4th generation Latino showed his driver's license and was arrested anyway. :(

If you have an accent or look foreign in any way to "whitey", you sure as hell had better keep your birth certificate or passport with you at all times if traveling through Arizona or the Nazis, oops, I mean AZ police might pick you up for not showing your papers.

May 17, 2010, 22:49

BOTE_
381 posts

Jan Brewer 2012

Pic says it all:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2012/01/brewer-obama-point-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Out of the three officials who met President Obama on an airport tarmac near Phoenix earlier this week, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is now the only one who has characterized the president as anything other than cordial.

In numerous TV and radio interviews since the meeting, Brewer has said the president was “tense to say the least” and took issue with a book she wrote last year. She said Obama walked away from her while she was in mid-sentence and even told one Phoenix television station she felt “a little bit threatened” by the encounter.

But Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, who was standing just feet away from the president and the governor on Wednesday during their now-infamous encounter,, told TPM that Obama seemed calm the whole time.

...Obama himself dismissed the incident in an interview with ABC News, calling it “a classic example of things getting blown out of proportion.”
But in one interview after another, Brewer has said she was “taken aback” by the way the president spoke to her. She has repeatedly mocked him as “thin skinned” for taking issue with a passage of her 2011 book “Scorpions for Breakfast.”

The White House confirmed that Obama talked about her book, saying he was disappointed that she described her June 2010 visit to the Oval Office in a bad light. She previously had called the meeting “very cordial” in public. But in the book, she blasted the president as “patronizing” and “condescending.”

Jan 28, 2012, 22:51

k.
k.
407 posts

Jan 28, 2012, 23:40

k.
k.
407 posts

Tesh

and his ilk:

Jan 28, 2012, 23:42

and0rod4
692 posts

i think the laws on illegal immigration are harsh to say the least. but i dont know much about the bill, just been reading the forum.

Jan 29, 2012, 02:37

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index