Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What's the closest you've ever come to dying?
31 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

What's the closest you've ever come to dying?

I was in an earthquake once, but the nearest I've ever come to dying was in a boat in the South Pacific. I was on a tour of Tuvalu in a ship. Atone of the islands, there was no lagoon, no harbour, no quay, no channel. We had to get off the ship and onto a 'workboat', an open, out-board engine powered lighter.

They would surf them in through the rollers, and men on the reef were supposed to catch them. They couldn't catch ours for some reason, it was pulled back out into the surf, turned broadside on to the waves, and was nearly capsized. I thought, f**k this, dived into the sea, and swam to shore for all my life. Both my sisters had to be lifesaved. I was shaking after that...

Have had many close shaves as a driver of course, once I was convinced I was going to die, but miraculously I avoided it.

What's the closest you've ever come to death?

Nov 04, 2008, 19:39

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: