Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
steal this book/movie/song.
68 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Re: steal this book/movie/song.

Another issue: since music is a luxury, how many people CAN afford it to begin with? I, as a musician myself, often get requests a la "can you please add me to your guest list?" when I have a concert coming up. The usual excuse: they have no money. Which is mostly valid, I would presume. There are students out there who only have a negative cash flow and the little money they have at their disposal goes for everything else except the luxuries, they even often have to resort to merely eating cheaply available porridge to stave off hunger. Is it any wonder these people resort to what some people (mainly mr Revox) would rush to call "parasitism"? Should these poor students even forget that music exists in order to pass your ethical integrity tests? I know it's shit that I'm denied a chance to earn something with my own music when most of my listeners are poor students to whom music is a blatant luxury. But I don't think being judgmental really helps.

May 31, 2010, 21:06

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: