Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Re: President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!

Well done and congrats to the US folks! This is great news!

Nov 05, 2008, 07:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I was in downtown Oakland tonight, celebrating at a big Jack London Square block party. We were in one of the bars watching when cnn projected he was the president elect. The whole bar erupted in screaming cheers and started chanting Obama. It was amazing. Out at the party it was really wall to wall people, you could barely move through. Then later (in another bar) when he gave his speech I even got a bit teary in part of it, which I didn't anticipate!

Nov 05, 2008, 08:06

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Well done America!

Nov 05, 2008, 09:06

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I felt myself welling up when I saw he'd won on the news this morning when I woke, despite having a bit of a naughty mid-week hangiover, i was surprised to find myself getting a bit emotional about someone else's election.

Well done, septics, I never thought you'd turn out not to be conservative as usual!

Nov 05, 2008, 11:23

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

Thessaly wrote:
For the first time in a long time I'm actually proud of my country

Well said, that's what I said when our (Australian) leader Rudd was elected last year!

I'm happy for all you Americans... it's an amazing moment!

Nov 05, 2008, 12:42

crest
crest
63 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

I can't believe McCain conceded and I actually thought his speech was moving.

I think America has entered a new era.

Totally agree, LBO - only good speech McCain has given

Nov 05, 2008, 14:06

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

i got goose pimples and i couldnt care less about the election. I think things are on the move up for you yanks.

Nov 05, 2008, 14:19

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

OK, I'm a bit late on this, but let me add a WOOHOO!!!

I went downtown Chicago and milled around the closed streets with thousands of others. Vendors were out selling Obama t-shirts, buttons and stuff. We ended up in a bar and watched the election results come in. Everyone was cheering enthusiastically every time Obama won a state, and booed when a state was called for McCain. I didn't get home until 2:30am and had to get up early for work, so I'm hungover and not feeling at all productive!

Nov 05, 2008, 16:14

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I had a hangover this morning. To celebrate Obama's fabulous victory, we went out to the pub for lunch. I had roast pheasant with white mushroom sauce, braised red cabbage, carrots and chips, and 2 glorious pints of Stella Artois. that knocked the hangover on the head. Cheers!

Nov 05, 2008, 16:22

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

All Americans should have access to more affordable health care. Obama has a plan for national health insurance. It's time to get that started. Now America can catch up with the rest of the world!

Nov 05, 2008, 18:52

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index