Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Re: President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!

Was their ever any doubt? Let's hope that racism will become a evil of the past, right Mr. Cybele?

Nov 05, 2008, 19:24

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

After 2000 and then 2004, yes, I had doubt.

Nov 05, 2008, 20:02

guero
170 posts

Congrats!

:D

Nov 05, 2008, 20:48

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Congrats to YOU! :)

Nov 05, 2008, 21:20

cybele
cybele
736 posts

This is an amazing moment! The rally was very moving.

Please believe me when I say that although I have a deep respect for Barack Obama, I greatly fear that he will build his cabinet with Chicago people.

Illinois (and Chicago in particular) has the most corrupt local government in the world. We pay the highest taxes, we have the highest murder and crime rates, we have the shittiest transportation system, we have miles and miles of ghettos, and almost EVERY politician here ends up facing a (corrupt) judge. We are literally bankrupt.

Cybele

Nov 05, 2008, 23:13

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Sorry :(
Didn't mean to shit on the moment. Look at it this way, after Bush, no one can jack up the country more.

Cybele

Nov 05, 2008, 23:14

JS
JS
489 posts

I think it is fair to assume that the whole human race is happy about this. American citizens should not forget that the Republican mess didn't just happened within the US borders. The whole world was affected by the last eight years of bad US government.

A lot is expected from Obama, but let's not forget that he will have to repair everything the previous administration has broken. Obama will probably have to make very unpopular decisions in order to achieve this, and four years may not be enough. That is why I think it will be very hard for him to get a second term.

Nov 05, 2008, 23:45

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

Did you guys see this: http://thisfuckingelection.com/

Very clever!

Nov 06, 2008, 00:48

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

You're right Cybele. We would have been better off IMO no matter who won last night than we have been in the last 8 years. i think Obama will pick a mixed cabinet. He already chose Emanuel from your area as Chief of Staff, but i think he'll get a good variety and i wouldn't be surprised to see a Republican in there.

Nov 06, 2008, 01:04

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

I doubt Obama will ask Rod Blagojevich for any "assistance". He has asked Rahm Emanuel to be his chief of staff, whom I do favor. I doubt he'll ask George Ryan for anything as he's in the slammer.

Nov 06, 2008, 02:14

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index