Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!

Yeah, that's another thing. . .Obama's Senate seat will be vacant and the person who can appoint his replacement is Rod Blagojovich. God fucking help us all. Then again, Blago might go in the slammer meanwhile.

Cybele

Nov 06, 2008, 04:02

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

There is no doubt about the electoral vote: Obama 349, McCain 162, but the popular vote is rather tight:

Obama 52%, McCain 46%

46 percent of American voters are fucking stupid hopeless morons.

Not such a big improvement over the two last presidentials...

Nov 06, 2008, 07:21

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

JS wrote:
There is no doubt about the electoral vote: Obama 349, McCain 162, but the popular vote is rather tight:

Obama 52%, McCain 46%

It's an improvement over your opinion in the past of Americans.

Nov 06, 2008, 08:30

JS
JS
489 posts

If you say so. This non-representative democratic system surely have flaws. It seems that what maters is where the voters are, not how many voted for said candidate.

If I remember correctly, in 2004, popular vote went to the Dems, but the Reps won anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy Obama won, it will probably be a very good thing for the Americans, and, more importantly, the rest of the world...

Still, 46% voted for "another" Bush and a pig with lipstick, that's not so good, eh? Still quite a lot of work for de-dumbing USA...

That's why I said earlier that Obama will probably have to take very unpopular decisions to put this country back on the right track. If he have the guts to do what is needed, more americans would hate him even more, his approval rating will sink, and he may not get a second mandate. Out of frustration and misunderstanding, America will elect Republicans in 2012, and they will destroy what Obama achieved. You read it here first.

Nov 06, 2008, 09:54

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

I'm sure they'll shack Rodney up with Georgey. Who's worse, some that steels money and tries to hide it or some that bluntly steels money and doesn't try to hide it?

You think Chicago is a ghetto have you ever been to Kankakee, home of George Ryan? Talk about segregation. It looks like a town in the south. You have your whites over here and your black over there.

Nov 06, 2008, 13:52

cybele
cybele
736 posts

The entire metro area is just like Chicago, the most segregated city on the face of the Earth. The Chicago suburbs, Kankakee, and even Joliet follow suit.

Hyde park is a stunning example of diversity and community, but if you don't have a lot of money, you won't live there. Obviously we learned that section 8 (public housing) cannot be relegated to high-rises like Cabrini, and it can't be clustered within entire districts. Only when segregation ceases to exist in working-class neighborhoods can we move forward.

But yeah, Chicago is unbelievably segregated still. It's the only really rotten thing about Chicago (aside from Siberian-like Winters).

Cybele

Nov 06, 2008, 14:45

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

should have been a blowout, if it weren't for racism

If it weren't for lingering racism, this would have been a blowout like Reagan had in '80. Race didn't play a factor in getting him elected, but it sure kept a lot of people from voting for him.

Nov 06, 2008, 16:12

cybele
cybele
736 posts

JS wrote:

Obama 52%, McCain 46%

You are certainly filled with a lot of hate JS.

Cybele

Nov 06, 2008, 16:29

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I sure do hope his cabinet is mixed; it'll allow more people to give the man a fair shot. I don't want the same old croneys in there-Biden, former Clinton staffers, and other old-school Democrats won't signify a new direction to me.

If Obama does end up bringing the Chicago Machine to the White House, however, it'll look like change and you'll get change. . .really, really bad change. The Machine not only operates like the mob, the Machine IS the mob.

Cybele

Nov 06, 2008, 18:38

k.
k.
407 posts

Way to go, Mu Mu! On TV, Chicago looked like magic. Would have been amazing to be there.

Nov 06, 2008, 22:23

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index