Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: President elect Barack Hussein Obama!!!!!

I can't believe we actually have a real president!! Watching this presser today it really sunk in a little. It's stark now how we've clearly lacked any leadership whatsoever with the previous administration. It actually feels good! Wow, leadership. Reasoned government. Fuck! Check this shit out!

Nov 08, 2008, 05:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

...people with a different point of view?

One of the pleasures of adult life is leaving behind discourse like yours, JS.

You might start by reconsidering sentences that go "Anybody who doesn't ______ is ______".

Nov 08, 2008, 05:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5935 posts

Kazak wrote:
I can't believe we actually have a real president!! Watching this presser today it really sunk in a little. It's stark now how we've clearly lacked any leadership whatsoever with the previous administration. It actually feels good! Wow, leadership. Reasoned government. Fuck! Check this shit out!

Yeah it's amazing.

Nov 08, 2008, 07:45

basil too
275 posts

Re: I'm with JS (kinda) on this one

"respectable "maverick" he is was not completely lost."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

Have you read the Rolling Stone article? Even if half of it is true, McCain is not respectable. In my book he is wealthy, disgusting, drunk, womanizer, liar and racist. He stands for many of the ugly elements that the international community hates about America.

I hope McCain's defeat will mark the end of spoiled brats running for president.

Nov 08, 2008, 09:03

lab.rat
12 posts

Congratulations Americans!!! At last you've elected a president who isn't a complete cunt. I live on the other side of the Pacific but I drank champagne to celebrate because Obama is really the president of the free world, and we're all affected. People here are very happy about it too.

Nov 08, 2008, 09:35

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

To K - yeah my wife and I were also talking about how we had this feeling about Obama being a target. I really hope his administration can finally tackle the elephant in the room - gun laws... Talk about a no-brainer....

Nov 08, 2008, 15:39

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I Hurt Bert wrote:
I really hope his administration can finally tackle the elephant in the room - gun laws... Talk about a no-brainer....

I'd love nothing more, but it's not likely to happen. It's not just the misinterpretation of the Second Amendment which has permeated the debate. It's a whole Pandora's Box scenario that we're dealing with, where there are literally tens of millions of guns out there, both registered and not, in the hands of criminals and "law-abiding citizens just looking to protect their home"...

Maybe they can outlaw a few anti-tank guns and automatic weapons that fire off 10 rounds a second, but sadly that's about all we can hope for right now.

Nov 08, 2008, 16:17

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Apparently, 46% of American voters are stupid, hopeless morons. JS can generalize like that, see.

Cybele

Nov 08, 2008, 16:18

calapia
calapia
252 posts

wracket wrote:

Maybe they can outlaw a few anti-tank guns and automatic weapons that fire off 10 rounds a second

Are you kidding? That's the best way to kill a deer when you're out hunting!

Nov 08, 2008, 18:36

vivakomeda
746 posts

I'm depressed by how many JSs there are out there.

I like Obama too and am glad he won this election - seems to me he's the best man for the job - but I don't begrudge people who have a different point of view. In fact, several people close to me, at least a couple of whom probably beat me pretty soundly in the IQ dept, voted for McCain.

Nov 08, 2008, 23:19

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index