Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
with friends like spandau ballet
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

with friends like spandau ballet

May 26, 2010, 10:06

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: with friends like spandau ballet

Don't see that one making the next installment of Stereolab Origins somehow.

May 26, 2010, 10:13

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

neither do i

i just made the association for whatever reason

May 26, 2010, 10:32

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

with friends like these has a really sweet 70's radio friendly vibe to it... in a good way of course .. a lot of those easy listening 70's song were actually pretty good

cobra and phases is a very relaxed album to listen too

good for a moderately warm june late night

May 26, 2010, 10:38

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

The song origin is Gainsbourg song, dont remember the name.

And damn, that track by Spandau Ballet is one of my favourites of all time!

May 26, 2010, 12:20

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

If you play them both together, it sounds really good. I like it. You're the greatest.

May 26, 2010, 22:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

do it play them both together. try it.

May 26, 2010, 22:00

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Why did i think Tears For Fears sang that song?!?!

May 26, 2010, 23:50

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I never understood that song because it was espousing all these fine all these wonderful ideals about banning hate and violence. and then Mary just kills it at the end by saying "and we hate you." ??? I guess it's called irony or irreverence. It's like what a great song , oh I agree with that and all those ideas sound great, "and we hate you." okay. wow. always loved the song though and most of the sentiment. I guess I just don't get it.

turn on that spandau ballet.
"with a gun in my hand and a pill on my tongue I've got the balls to git shit done."

May 27, 2010, 03:50

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

I always knew cobra was shit. this just proves it!

How do you post a video like that?

May 27, 2010, 04:13

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index