Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
World Cup...? zzzz
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

World Cup...? zzzz

I'm universal on MOST things but I'm not feeling this crap. And the people off the street (foreign roots) who can't wait to tell you about it are equally annoying. But maybe that's just me..?

Jun 12, 2010, 00:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: World Cup...? zzzz

It's the biggest show on earth. The winners are bona fide world champions.

The USA play today. Support your team bro!!

ABE

Jun 12, 2010, 06:18

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

MY RETURN wrote:
I'm universal on MOST things but I'm not feeling this crap. And the people off the street (foreign roots) who can't wait to tell you about it are equally annoying. But maybe that's just me..?

Usually some dull games, some good games, some great ones - the first game was excellent but the game between Uruguay and Arsenal last night was pretty poor.

No idea who'll win - Argentina probably should, but they've got a mad crack-head as manager...

Jun 12, 2010, 07:41

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:

Usually some dull games, some good games, some great ones - the first game was excellent but the game between Uruguay and Arsenal last night was pretty poor.

No idea who'll win - Argentina probably should, but they've got a mad crack-head as manager...

Uruguay and .... Arsenal ?????

And don't be knocking the great Diego. You try moulding a team from a bunch of spoilt-brat, pampered multi-millionaire strangers who have just met up for the first time at Buenos Aires airport.

Unfortunately the World Cup clashes with Wimbledon, but I might sneak a peak at a game or two.
The smart money will be on the Brazilians. The samba kings will be playing their usual brand of 'sexy football', beating the crap out of everybody on the way to the title. Unfortunately the not-very-sexy Carlos Dunga is coach: a pragmatist, strict disciplinarian, but a born winner.

Jun 12, 2010, 08:44

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I'm so happy that I don't possess a television or radio. I don't read newspapers either, all I've seen of it is flags hanging out of peoples windows, oh and I heard some tribal shouting coming from a neighbours lounge whilst walking my dog the other night.

Jun 12, 2010, 10:30

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

microbehunter wrote:

Uruguay and .... Arsenal ?????

A bit of Spurs humour for you there.

Let's hope Brazil play like Brazil - that seems to be the key to a good tournament

Jun 12, 2010, 10:47

hito
hito
1745 posts

I don't give a fuck about soccer, the world cup, the world game, patriotic devotion.

Pointless.

Jun 14, 2010, 09:18

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

hito wrote:
I don't give a fuck about soccer, the world cup, the world game, patriotic devotion.

Pointless.

Agreed.

In my Utopia, Olympic Games/World Cup's would have a ban on flags, national anthems, corporate advertising and shit-faced politicians/dignitaries preening themselves up on the big screens. Just runners running, throwers throwing, jumpers jumping and balls of all shapes being kicked.

World cup favourites BRAZIL kick off their campaign today against the 'shady' North Korean's.

Jun 15, 2010, 08:37

joeamft
4 posts

Soccer's okay if a few goals are actually scored. Speaking as a soccer ignoramus, there's just too much "mucking about" with the ball to no apparent purpose. To play for 90 minutes without either team scoring is ridiculous

Jun 15, 2010, 18:14

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

joeamft wrote:
there's just too much "mucking about" with the ball to no apparent purpose. To play for 90 minutes without either team scoring is ridiculous

Yes.

So far, 13 games, 6 ending in a tie. Almost 50%.

Also, 20 goals... 1.5 goal/game average.

Jun 15, 2010, 18:42

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index