Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Can we "LOL" at England?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Yes we can

Mu Mu wrote:

Frank Lampard's goal that never was as England trailed 2-1 just before halftime in their last 16 match against Germany, prompted widespread calls for the introduction of goal-line technology after his shot clearly crossed the line.

Yeah, if that goal had not been disallowed there would have been an entirely different outcome - the final score would have been 4-2. LMFAO, horse whup 'em through the streets, that's the answer, a darn good horse whuppin'.

~8^)>

Jun 30, 2010, 16:31

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Re: Yes we can

revox wrote:

Yeah, if that goal had not been disallowed there would have been an entirely different outcome - the final score would have been 4-2. LMFAO, horse whup 'em through the streets, that's the answer, a darn good horse whuppin'.

~8^)>

Well... if that goal had been allowed, and the score were tied 2-2, I doubt England would have been desperate enough to push everyone so far forward on that free kick - which, of course, led to the krauts poaching an easy third goal midway through the second half.

Whatever. I don't really care. Now that the USA is out, all I have left to root for is spectacular failure for Diego Prima Donna.

Jul 01, 2010, 07:35

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Paul the psychic octopus

Paul the German psychic octopus predicts victory
for Spain http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm
and it never pays to argue with an octopus, believe me

Jul 06, 2010, 15:42

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Paul the psychic octopus

Harold Bissonette wrote:
it never pays to argue with an octopus

But it never pays to be compliant with an octopus either, right? So basically, either way, you're not getting paid.

Jul 07, 2010, 13:59

dualmono
14 posts

The bad thing is... right he (it) was again..*sigh

Jul 08, 2010, 02:11

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:

Do you have a tragicomic octopus anicdote to share?

Jul 09, 2010, 20:20

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:

Do you have a tragicomic octopus anicdote to share?

My therapist says I should leave the whole sordid incident behind me - the clip is probably all over YouTube by now, anyway.

By the way Paul is predicting Spain for the finals...

Jul 09, 2010, 23:05

Dara
Dara
905 posts

...but his record is not good when Spain is involved. He made an incorrect prediction that Germany would beat Spain in the last Euro finals and this time his assistants admit his judgement may be clouded by tiredness, pressure to succeed and the glare of the media (sound familiar?).

Personally, I think the parrot has a far more credible handle on the subtleties of the game:

Jul 10, 2010, 15:27

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Dara wrote:
...but his record is not good when Spain is involved. He made an incorrect prediction that Germany would beat Spain in the last Euro finals and this time his assistants admit his judgement may be clouded by tiredness, pressure to succeed and the glare of the media (sound familiar?).

Personally, I think the parrot has a far more credible handle on the subtleties of the game:

Well, I'm convinced - go Mani the prychic parakeet!

Jul 10, 2010, 15:49

Dara
Dara
905 posts

...so much for parrots!

yes - Paul the Octopus does it again - now all Holland is busy with inktvis recepten (octopus/squid recipies).

It was a good game and overall a reasonably good tournament BUT - surely it is time now for technology to cancel out those terrible decisions by bad referees and linesmen.

There was another one tonight (at least one actually) and it leaves a really bad taste after what was otherwise a good (not brilliant) final.

Jul 11, 2010, 23:07

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index