Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
Pages: 12 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Shame on the Swiss

For harboring a child rapist.

Jul 12, 2010, 20:57

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

Jul 12, 2010, 20:59

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

"Widmer-Schlumpf said the decision had been taken following Washington’s refusal to give access to confidential documents."

Interesting. Perhaps if the US had shared more info things would be different?

Jul 12, 2010, 23:24

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

I am not going to debate on the gravity of what happened in 1978 or on Roman Polanski being guilty or not guilty.
All I want to say is that it would not make sense to send Mr. Polanski to prison now after all these years.
If laws are so inflexible that when one is charged for a crime he doesn't get punished if he leaves the country where that crime was committed, this is what should be under discussion.
The film director left the United States and lived the rest of his life in Europe as a free man. Then he makes a trip to Switzerland and gets arrested for something he did more than 30 years earlier: ridiculous.
I really don't think it is a case of "better late than never".
I am glad he is free.

Jul 12, 2010, 23:45

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

velvetwater wrote:

I am glad he is free.

He drugged a 13 year old girl and raped her in the ass.

Oh, but it happened a long time ago, it's ok then...

Jul 13, 2010, 01:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Billy Jean is NOT my Lover.

Jul 13, 2010, 03:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

OH CHEESO i *HEART* YOU DON'T HATE BECAUSE i'M A TROLL.

Jul 13, 2010, 03:25

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Shareon Tate looked really great in Fearless Vampire Killers. Yep.

Jul 13, 2010, 03:46

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

velvetwater wrote:

All I want to say is that it would not make sense to send Mr. Polanski to prison now after all these years.

You don't have children, I'm guessing.

Jul 13, 2010, 06:20

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Cheeso wrote:
velvetwater wrote:

I am glad he is free.

He drugged a 13 year old girl and raped her in the ass.

Oh, but it happened a long time ago, it's ok then...

My dear Johnny, if you had bothered to actually read what I wrote, you would see that I am not debating about what happened in 1978.
Forget what he did or didn't do for a moment.
Let's say that he had robbed a bank, by law still a crime severely punished in normal circumstances.
Well, today after more than 30 years, at the age of 76 I don't see what good it would do to anyone (including him) to send him to prison.

Jul 13, 2010, 09:55

Pages: 12 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index