Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

Old Nazis shouldn't be persecuted either, by that logic. Maybe that's okay by you, too.

Jul 13, 2010, 12:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

I knew that somebody would eventually come out with this predictable example.
I strongly believe that there is no sense in sending to prison a 80 year old person, unless is a danger to the society.
Is Polanski a danger to the society? I don't think so. Does he offer anything to the society? Yes, his movies: maybe not as essential as the ones he did before he started to rape children, but still better than the hundreds of reality TV shit that shape the minds of our children, for example.
I'd rather see in prison a burglar, a dodgy mafioso politician, a shithead teenage thug or the lazy-ex-gypsy-Russian-parasite neighbor of mine who lives his life at my expense claiming housing and income benefit when there is nothing wrong with him in terms of being able to look for a job but everything else is wrong with him in terms of antisocial behavior.
I'd rather see these and a million other people in prison than somebody who 30 years ago had anal sex with a young girl (who by the way had agreed to go with him to Jack Nicholson's house to eat candies and who has long forgiven him anyway) and that has spent 30 years in exile because of that.
Rather them than Roman Polanski. And yes, rather them than an 80 year old Nazi.
Now, let's talk about STEREOLAB please.

Jul 13, 2010, 14:44

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

velvetwater wrote:

Well, today after more than 30 years, at the age of 76 I don't see what good it would do to anyone (including him) to send him to prison.

It would make him pay for his crime. Who cares what good it does him.

Jul 13, 2010, 15:40

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

velvetwater wrote:

Is Polanski a danger to the society? I don't think so. Does he offer anything to the society? Yes, his movies...

So, you can rape children, be a dodgy mafioso politician, a shithead teenage thug ,or a lazy-ex-gypsy-Russian-parasite neighbor, as long as you make movies all is forgiven!!!

You are truly talking out of your ass.

Jul 13, 2010, 15:45

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
velvetwater wrote:

Is Polanski a danger to the society? I don't think so. Does he offer anything to the society? Yes, his movies...

So, you can rape children, be a dodgy mafioso politician, a shithead teenage thug ,or a lazy-ex-gypsy-Russian-parasite neighbor, as long as you make movies all is forgiven!!!

You are truly talking out of your ass.

I knew this would be a waste of time.
I never said that making a movie can redeem whoever is a menace (and Polanski is not) to our society! Actually if we could at least send the bad people in exile for 30 years rather than waste our resources to try to send to prison somebody who has already spent 30 years in exile...it would be a result.
But I shall talk no more.
I just conclude with a fart out of my ass, dedicated to everyone whose narrow mind does not allow them to understand what I am trying to say and that instead prefer to offend.

Jul 13, 2010, 16:06

motoroller
79 posts

"Wah! I'm an elitist who's so misunderstood!" If Ron Howard raped you and got away with it, would that be okay too? He did Far and Away!

Jul 13, 2010, 16:18

motoroller
79 posts

Does anyone remember that Enya song for that movie? "Far and awaaaaaaaaaay." Awesome. Stereolab: cover this, STAT.

Jul 13, 2010, 16:20

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

motoroller wrote:
"Wah! I'm an elitist who's so misunderstood!" If Ron Howard raped you and got away with it, would that be okay too? He did Far and Away!

:-))))
I am sorry, I said that I should talk no more but this is way too funny! Really.
Still, you did not understand a thing. Can you read?
Now I promise, I will just talk about music, which is really what this forum should be about.
For one time I wanted to express my thoughts on an issue that, like many other that waste a lot of space on this web site, should be discussed more appropriately elsewhere.
Never again (good riddance you will say!).

Jul 13, 2010, 16:34

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

velvetwater wrote:

I never said that making a movie can redeem whoever is a menace (and Polanski is not) to our society!

Actually, that is pretty much what you said. And I think anyone who rapes any woman, let alone a 13 year old girl, is definitely a menace to society.

Jul 13, 2010, 16:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

This is something that's been argued before on this site with extreme emotions and insults in the past. Poor velvetwater may be unaware of the history, and of the rude way squirrel expresses himself. However, she doesn't add to the discussion by insinuating others can't read or misunderstand her. The nutter started the thread, so anyone who responds is asking for it.

And we can talk about anything we want on this forum, we don't have to stick to Stereolab. But it does help if we want to have intelligent discussion to stop insulting each other.

Jul 13, 2010, 17:01

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index