Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

cyberpainter wrote:
This is something that's been argued before on this site with extreme emotions and insults in the past. Poor velvetwater may be unaware of the history, and of the rude way squirrel expresses himself. However, she doesn't add to the discussion by insinuating others can't read or misunderstand her. The nutter started the thread, so anyone who responds is asking for it.

And we can talk about anything we want on this forum, we don't have to stick to Stereolab. But it does help if we want to have intelligent discussion to stop insulting each other.

Velvetwater is female?

Wow, never seen a female take such a lenient stance on a rapist. The mind boggles...

And please don't call me rude, that is insulting!

Jul 13, 2010, 17:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Never again! That's what they said about the Holocaust! You know, that thing those people you think don't belong in jail did. It was so long ago, who cares! LOL!! Oh, Ron Howard.

Jul 13, 2010, 17:39

motoroller
79 posts

Far and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Jul 13, 2010, 17:44

motoroller
79 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1gQ3nAXgY

Jul 13, 2010, 17:46

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Initially, I was glad Polanski got off, after all, it was 30 years ago, and I'm as liberal and forgiving as the next guy. But reading this thread just made me wonder, if his predilection was for drugging 13-year-olds and ass raping them way back then, why would it change after fleeing America, and how many other victims might he have had over the years, having discovered that precautions need to be taken. Just wondering.

Jul 13, 2010, 18:26

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

I wonder what makes people glad he got off?

The incident being 30 years ago doesn't make it any less of a rape.

And lets forget all this talk about him "being exiled." He was a convicted felon who fled justice, a criminal on the lam, not man enough to take responsibility for his actions. And its not like he was on some barren rock in the middle of nowhere. He was in France, going to Cannes, apparently living a very good life.

Jul 13, 2010, 18:39

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but it's really sort of a visceral reaction against authority on my part. My initial reaction is usually positive whenever I hear anyone getting away with anything. It may be the same with others. But after more sober consideration, well, I can't see him as anything other than a huge creep.

Jul 13, 2010, 18:44

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but it's really sort of a visceral reaction against authority on my part. My initial reaction is usually positive whenever I hear anyone getting away with anything. It may be the same with others. But after more sober consideration, well, I can't see him as anything other than a huge creep.

I definitely understand the anti-authoritarian stance. And its usually something I can appreciate and celebrate myself. However, I think less of the authorities or the US and more of the 13 y.o. girl who was the victim of it all.

And I agree that pedophiles don't magically stop being pedophiles. I wonder how many girls he violated not only after but before, too...

Jul 13, 2010, 18:55

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

"exile"

Jul 13, 2010, 21:32

motoroller
79 posts

We're veering off topic. I thought this thread was about Ron Howard's pedophilia.

Jul 13, 2010, 21:34

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index