Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

motoroller wrote:
Old Nazis shouldn't be persecuted either, by that logic. Maybe that's okay by you, too.

If Nazis will reoffend then there are definitely grounds for chasing them down and putting him away. If they are not likely to reoffend then I would say that they should not be pursued.
I would say it is a waste of time throwing old Germans or Lithuanians in the slammer. The chance of some old fool who slaughtered people in a wave of stupidity at the age of 19 deciding to revive the Third reich is low to none. Now I don't condone his crimes and of course he cannot claim that anyone made him do it but I assume the revolting acts of murder have killed him anyway and jailing him is of no real benefit to anyone. I would argue that making him sit through a restorative justice session would be far tougher than putting him in jail. I would say expose them for their crimes, highlight their horror but don't try to put them in a jail.
Sorry to the Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Slavs, disabled, intellectuals and Polish who understandably want revenge but the masterminds are dead. Those who are left are the young thugs who could be instructed to commit murder and would do it.
I suppose jailing them could act as a deterrent to other would be war criminals, it may reform them so that they come out a better person, it may restrain them from committing further crimes but in the end I think it is simply revenge. These people are paying the price for the screams of 6 million dead people and unbelievable suffering of millions of others.
If I were an international war prosecutor, I would try to deal with those who are still killing like the US in Iraq or the Sudanese in Darfur, I would send a message to the world to deter would be criminals, I would lock up the leaders of these wars and try to reform them and get some retribution for those who are still covered in the blood of their loved ones.

Jul 14, 2010, 10:44

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: