Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

Cheeso wrote:

You didn't address the topic at all. You just inserted yourself into this thread to disagree with me and to insult me.

I intervened in this thread just to warn others about the futility of having a discussion with you.

Cheeso wrote:
Do you have anything to add to the topic, JS?

There are much more important things to worry about than a rape committed 30 years ago.

The rapist admitted guilt, he gave a big sum of money to the victim. The victim doesn't want to prosecute. As far as I'm concerned, this case should be closed.

Polanski will live with the rapist stigma for the rest of his life. He is not a nameless rapist who can have the opportunity to start a new life in another city where nobody knows who he is and what he did. In my opinion, this is a punishment more severe than a jail sentence. I can only speculate, but I think I would prefer to do jail time and then be able to start a new life anonymously somewhere, rather than no jail, but being known as a rapist wherever I go on this planet.

The victim clearly said that she forgave Polanski and wants to leave all this behind her. Seeing her name or Polanski's name in the papers, the journalists harassing her, all this must be very painful to live by.

Cheeso, you brought this subject on this forum at least twice. You want to keep this controversy alive, despite the will of the victim herself.

This shows clearly that you don't give a shit about the well being of the victim. You care more about the rapist than you care for the poor girl who was raped. That's disgusting, Cheeso.

Jul 15, 2010, 05:25

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: