Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

hito wrote:

I don't think being paid compensation could make you truly forgive someone. In fact, I wonder whether the actions of your attacker are relevant at all. You could forgive someone who is unrepentant or you may not forgive someone who is repentant. I think forgiveness comes from within.

A laudable and high-minded opinion Hito, and I really wish it was generally true. But I feel there is a difference between 'hush money' and 'forgiveness' and there are many perspectives this case can be seen from. In terms of high-minded christian style forgiveness, I am reminded of something a friend of mine who was a university chaplain said in response to a request for guidance just after the 9/11 attacks. When asked 'how do we as christians respond to the horrific attacks which left so many innocent people dead?'.

He replied:

'we kiss the hand of those who killed our children'

Nice idea in promoting world peace and brotherly love and all that - but sorry, it's bollocks.

Jul 15, 2010, 08:55

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: