Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Shame on the Swiss

Dara wrote:
hito wrote:

If your "Christian" friend (Christian being followers of Jesus Christ) thinks that forgiving the September 11 bombers is bollocks then I don't know why they are a Christian.

If you don't believe in forgiveness in yourself, for you it is not possible.

But don't let your cynicism tell me or anyone else that they cannot forgive. I can and do every day and I am not a Christian.

My christian friend (as he made the statement) obviously did not think it was bollocks - I do. I was not and would not for a minute presume to tell others what to think, and I find your insinuation insulting and peurile. Everyone (including me) is entitled to have their opinion on this and every other issue. I was merely contributing to the debate.

The definition of the term:

debate. noun - a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

Now, now. No need to burst your boiler. If you are insulted, think I am juvenile and insulting or need debate explained then we have strayed from the course.

Perhaps it was all in the telling. I suppose that saying someone elses's belief is bollocks doesn't suggest that you are interested in open debate but that is just me.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I was enjoying the to and fro.

Anyway, on with the show.

Given that you acknowledge that forgiveness is possible and we have already acknowledged that there are doubts about the authenticity of her forgiveness and so can put them aside for a second, if it were genuine, would this sway your opinion on whether Polanski should be locked up? Or would you say that her forgiveness, like the Christian forgiveness of the S11 bombers is a very undesirable idea - bollocks, even?

Jul 15, 2010, 10:24

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: