Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shame on the Swiss
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: General question for those supporting Polanski...

Cheeso wrote:
velvetwater wrote:
JS wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Here is a great take on the situation: (snip)

You say in the title "General question for those supporting Polanski..."

This is dishonest, and a flaw of logic. You stupidly assume that because some of us are not madly outraged that Polanski escaped justice, that we support him and therefore support rapists.

I think nobody here are "supporting" Polanski, rather, we just think that little good will come out from sending a harmless old man to jail. Yes, Polansky should have been to jail, but now, it's too late. An unlikely chain of circumstances made him escape justice for decades. Too bad.

JS, you explained your position very clearly here. It is exactly the same concept I had tried to put forward.
And yet some are trying to twist your words and use them against you. Don't succomb to this type of provocation and do as I did: quit this post.
Those people have zero tolerance for whoever has a different opinion and, even more sadly, are not capable of discussing a subject of this sort without resorting to dishonest dialectic manipulation. More generally they are simply not able to exchange views on sensitive issues and are blind/deaf to what is actually said by whoever disagrees with them.
They are like totally obsessed by some kind of very inflexible morality (and yet some have said that they would flee justice in order to rebel against authority!).
I have tried several times in my life and I came to the conclusion that certain topics are impossible to discuss about or are even completely off limits: for example paedophilia, holocaust, religion, to an extent even political orientation. Just keep your opinions to yourself. It is not worth it, at least in a forum of this sort.

For a person who stopped posting to this thread, you sure post a lot here! But thats good, keep the dialect going.

You actually may be right here.
But if you read my recent posts, you can see that I am not really debating on the subject anymore (as I said I don't think it is worth it anymore), I am just commenting on the way people are behaving on this forum. And I am making suggestions in the hope that you guys stop attacking each other.
As per you question about providing a legal argument...I have it (and it is a very obvious one!), but shall I really tell you? That way I would carry on with the debate which I don't wish to do. But I will give you a hint: Polanski is free now, isn't he? And who decided that? Not me or you...

Jul 17, 2010, 21:04

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: