Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
/ \ / \ / \ Y / \
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

/ \ / \ / \ Y / \

the new m.i.a. record in its entirety courtesy of her myspace page...

http://www.myspace.com/mia/music/albums/maya-16211507

Jul 14, 2010, 17:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: / / / Y /

i've been listening for weeks, I think its a great album.

Thanks

Jul 14, 2010, 18:08

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Planes

It'll be interesting to see if she has the same impact.

Jul 14, 2010, 18:23

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Planes

I don't care for her attitude. Good music though.

Jul 14, 2010, 19:31

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

MY RETURN wrote:

Who cares? Paper Planes being a hit was a fluke. Her work is much better and deeper than that song.

Jul 14, 2010, 20:37

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
MY RETURN wrote:

Who cares? Paper Planes being a hit was a fluke. Her work is much better and deeper than that song.

i think a commentor on the lynn hirshberg NYTimes article said it best:

'This is music for angry young departmental assistants to get their revolution thang on(seriously, that's who listens to it) until they get accepted into a 2-year exec training program and switch to James Blunt.'

Jul 14, 2010, 21:37

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Oh, thats good!

Jul 14, 2010, 21:43

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

After one listen I have to say I'm a little disappointed, maybe it's me, and I have to get used to the disjointed, messiness of her new sound. Love Born Free though.

Jul 15, 2010, 19:09

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
After one listen I have to say I'm a little disappointed, maybe it's me, and I have to get used to the disjointed, messiness of her new sound. Love Born Free though.

i was pretty disappointed too after one listen... but now i'm on my fifth listen and i'm feelin every joint. this is a strong record, don't let the reviewers fool you!

Jul 15, 2010, 20:04

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:

i was pretty disappointed too after one listen... but now i'm on my fifth listen and i'm feelin every joint. this is a strong record, don't let the reviewers fool you!

i can't get 'XXXO' out of my head...

Jul 15, 2010, 20:09