Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
'The enemy within' video - heavy stuff man!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vega
vega
492 posts

'The enemy within' video - heavy stuff man!

Jul 18, 2010, 16:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: 'The enemy within' video - heavy stuff man!

This man has many good points (I watched some other of his movies) but I think it's quite shortsighted to blame muslims, catholics and liberals for most of the problems of mankind.

Anyone who can take a moment to think will understand that the increasing gap between the rich and the poor is the cause of most problems in the world, and this increasing gap is a natural and unavoidable effect of capitalism. This gap will keep on increasing, not just between rich and poor nations, but also between the rich and poor people among any nation.

Many good things came out of capitalism, it was good for a time, but it is now obsolete (I might even say it's been obsolete for quite a few years) and should be changed asap.

But questioning capitalism is taboo: world leaders, after the great financial crisis, are scratching their heads, desperately trying to find ways to "fix" the capitalist system instead of considering alternatives to capitalism. They cant admit to themselves that capitalism is doomed to failure in today's world.

Che Guevara said this:

"The laws of capitalism, which are blind and are invisible to ordinary people, act upon the individual without he or she being aware of it. One sees only the vastness of a seemingly infinite horizon ahead. That is how it is painted by capitalist propagandists who purport to draw a lesson from the example of Rockefeller whether or not it is true about the possibilities of individual success. The amount of poverty and suffering required for a Rockefeller to emerge, and the amount of depravity entailed in the accumulation of a fortune of such magnitude, are left out of the picture, and it is not always possible for the popular forces to expose this clearly.... It is a contest among wolves. One can win only at the cost of the failure of others."

Jul 20, 2010, 03:46

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

You are a deep thinker ! :) Thanks.

Jul 20, 2010, 06:58

basil too
275 posts

JS wrote:
This man has many good points (I watched some other of his movies) but I think it's quite shortsighted to blame muslims, catholics and liberals for most of the problems of mankind

Did I miss something? I didn't hear him blaming "muslims, catholics and liberals for most of the problems of mankind"? Are you talking about his other videos?

Anyway, I really do think that religion (faith) IS at the root of many of the worlds problems. In many ways, including: The Us and Them delusion that divides humans (Christian, Muslims and Jews), The group psychosis of faith in myths written by people trying to keep societal control (i.e. all religious texts), and the lack of responsibility for ones actions in the name of God. The difference between Church of Scientology and Christianity and Islam is only in the number of followers. They are all group psychosis.

It is time for a true End of Faith.

Plenty of research into the idea, not mine, but one I find spot on.

Jul 20, 2010, 15:38

Rael_
44 posts

basil too wrote:
The difference between Church of Scientology and Christianity and Islam is only in the number of followers. They are all group psychosis.

Don't forget the raelians.

Jul 20, 2010, 15:50

basil too
275 posts

Rael_ wrote:
basil too wrote:
The difference between Church of Scientology and Christianity and Islam is only in the number of followers. They are all group psychosis.

Don't forget the raelians.

True, with even fewer followers, but yes. Exactly.

Jul 20, 2010, 15:55

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

I like Slavoj Zizek's point, that the rise of fundamentalist Islam occurred in the void left by the suppression of popular leftist movements in the Middle East.

Here at 26.46

Jul 20, 2010, 15:59

vega
vega
492 posts

"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

-- Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Jul 20, 2010, 16:03

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

vega wrote:
"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

Is not every ideology in competition for ultimate dominance? Ahmad's only mistake may be in saying it so forthrightly, and perhaps we should be glad of it.

Jul 20, 2010, 16:10

vega
vega
492 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
vega wrote:

Is not every ideology in competition for ultimate dominance? Ahmad's only mistake may be in saying it so forthrightly, and perhaps we should be glad of it.

Thank you for pointing out that Islam is an 'ideology' - masquerading under the protection of calling itself a 'religion'.

A related point is that it is CAIR that is in the forefront of supporting the building of the 'Ground Zero mosque' (ok it's 2 blocks away)

I look forward to Omar repeating this statement on the steps of the new mosque. What do you think the reaction will be?

Jul 20, 2010, 16:17

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index