Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Why are you so hateful and divisive?

Eddie Chargeman wrote:
you're going to need to learn some basic psychological skills for functioning in the world.

You are so right.
But you and the other people that are criticizing me for objecting to certain behaviors in this forum, should learn not to be so hypocritical as you don't seem to have much tolerance for anyone that make a negative comment about what you do or say.
If I have come across as arrogant I apologize, but with people like cheeso is hard to have a "normal" conversation.
I am curious to know what more moderate users (like hito or labhead) think about all this.
At least I am sure they will not offend me.

Jul 21, 2010, 15:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

... or booklover, JS and all the others.
What do you guys think about the multiple usernames, meaningless drivel, random ramblings, or being rude in a forum of this type?

Jul 21, 2010, 16:09

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

velvetwater wrote:
Eddie Chargeman wrote:
you're going to need to learn some basic psychological skills for functioning in the world.

You are so right.
But you and the other people that are criticizing me for objecting to certain behaviors in this forum, should learn not to be so hypocritical as you don't seem to have much tolerance for anyone that make a negative comment about what you do or say.
If I have come across as arrogant I apologize, but with people like cheeso is hard to have a "normal" conversation.
I am curious to know what more moderate users (like hito or labhead) think about all this.
At least I am sure they will not offend me.

Velvetwater I think you are whining, and I'm pretty tired of reading your posts. You are condescending and insist that if people don't agree with you then they must not be truly listening to you. I've read everything you've written, and I agree with very little that you've spouted. Yet I'm a reasonable forumite most of the time. How do you figure that one? I'm talking about your arguments about the rapist topic, and your over reaction to people who disagree with you. You take too much of what's written personally. I think we should move on and people should get over themselves.

And apology accepted about you coming across as arrogant.

Jul 21, 2010, 16:37

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

velvetwater wrote:
What do you guys think about the multiple usernames, meaningless drivel, random ramblings, or being rude in a forum of this type?

Your asking JS's opinion like he's some kind of moderate forumite? He just comes here to get in fights with cheeso. We have a huge long history over many years around here and things flare up once in a while. I'm not excusing cheeso, and I think he does do a bit of trolling himself on top of his sometimes crude way of writing. But this thread is as troll-ish as they come.

Jul 21, 2010, 16:41

modularman
modularman
14 posts

Re: Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...

yeah, good for LBO.

Jul 21, 2010, 17:03

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
velvetwater wrote:

Your asking JS's opinion like he's some kind of moderate forumite? He just comes here to get in fights with cheeso. We have a huge long history over many years around here and things flare up once in a while. I'm not excusing cheeso, and I think he does do a bit of trolling himself on top of his sometimes crude way of writing. But this thread is as troll-ish as they come.

I am sorry but I have to insist that you don't read my posts properly: where do I say that JS is moderate? If you notice I actually mentioned his name is a separate post as to say "I wish to hear the opinion of the others as well".
You say that you don't excuse cheeso but I have never read anything by you against him! Instead lots of criticism towards me. You might disagree with my opinions but you can't honestly say that I am not "a little bit" more constructive than him. I am really confused here.

Jul 21, 2010, 17:35

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...

Of course this post is troll-ish: it's about trolling and it is (or was) an ironic observation on trollers behaviours.

Jul 21, 2010, 17:39

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

velvetwater wrote:

lol what do you think JS is going to say?

If I said Adolf Hitler was a bad man, JS would say I was just talking shit and spreading bias against him. hahahaha

Jul 21, 2010, 18:12

Kazak
Kazak
1619 posts

Well, you didn't ask my opinion, but I think you need to get out more. Are you new to the internet or something? It's...just...this way. Just don't get worked all up about it! See, wasn't that easy? Unmoderated, in my experience, while sometimes iffy, is way better...

Jul 21, 2010, 18:34

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Eddie Chargeman wrote:
Nothing being said is a big deal. People can post as many or as few times as they want. Obscenity is not encouraged but saying foul words is still legal in America. I don't have any idea what your Utopian vision for this forum is but guess what? you are not the ombudsman or the arbitrator of this forum. I might have expectations about how I would like people to behave, but I can't base my behavior on others actions, reactions, provocations, or their whiny little pipe dream desires that everyone get along in the world and bad things stop happening to people. Until then you're going to need to learn some basic psychological skills for functioning in the world. The internet is full of resources.

you let me know how that works out for you, okay? and when you've found shangri-la please update all of us, we're all looking for it. Thanks.

this is one of those moments of illumination that always keeps me coming back to this forum.

slush/eddie, we love you!

Jul 21, 2010, 19:52

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index