Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Re: Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...

Gaga.

Jul 21, 2010, 21:45

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Re: Latest pun: Rotter than Rotten, if you know who I mean...

Ron Howard wants to meet you in the pottie.

Jul 21, 2010, 21:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Why are you so hateful and divisive?

velvetwater wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
velvetwater wrote:
... or booklover, JS and all the others.
What do you guys think about the multiple usernames, meaningless drivel, random ramblings, or being rude in a forum of this type?

Your asking JS's opinion like he's some kind of moderate forumite? He just comes here to get in fights with cheeso. We have a huge long history over many years around here and things flare up once in a while. I'm not excusing cheeso, and I think he does do a bit of trolling himself on top of his sometimes crude way of writing. But this thread is as troll-ish as they come.

I am sorry but I have to insist that you don't read my posts properly: where do I say that JS is moderate? If you notice I actually mentioned his name is a separate post as to say "I wish to hear the opinion of the others as well".
You say that you don't excuse cheeso but I have never read anything by you against him! Instead lots of criticism towards me. You might disagree with my opinions but you can't honestly say that I am not "a little bit" more constructive than him. I am really confused here.

Well you can insist all you like that I don't read your posts properly. But if you insist I'll try to explain it in logical steps. You asked other's including JS's opinions about the meaningless drivel etc. You want others who you think don't post meaningless drivel to respond. Thus my use of the word "moderate". I also have written plenty of times in a descriptive way about squirrel's posts, including the thing you just quoted! Geesh. And no, I don't think these topics are very constructive. Sorry you're confused.

Jul 21, 2010, 21:58

JS
JS
489 posts

velvetwater wrote:
... or booklover, JS and all the others.
What do you guys think about the multiple usernames, meaningless drivel, random ramblings, or being rude in a forum of this type?

Multiple usernames is for jerks and dancing monkeys.

See, now that I'm ignoring the jerk, he's furious and need someone else to bully, sorry, but that's you.

It's easy to be smarter than them, do like me: ignore them.

Jul 22, 2010, 04:11

hito
hito
1745 posts

velvetwater wrote:

I am curious to know what ...hito think(s) about all this.
At least I am sure (he) will not offend me.

Well, I hope not. To be frank, I reckon you should stop and call a truce. Say you won't get into it any more and leave it at that. You have said "no more" a few times but you keep coming back. Resist the temptation. You will get more nasty posts after your truce but don't reply. They will soon give up.
There are flaws in your argument and approach that will send people into a spin. I am not saying you are completely in the wrong but there are things you could have done better earlier and it is probably too late to change that now.
Some people in this forum like to gang up and attack, some people just disagree with you and others are probably trying to help. You won't change the minds of those who are being nasty because they have alliances they like to keep or they love to see you getting frustrated. If you believe that you are nicer than them, then prove it to yourself.
I recommend you stop, avoid trying to win the argument about who is in the wrong (you can't), don't accuse people of ill will and regardless of the strategies of others, don't resort to dirty tricks (it may be too late). Forgive the people who you feel have hurt you and contribute to the forum like none of this ever happened.

Jul 22, 2010, 09:59

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

You seem very wise and you would make a good counsellor.
I think that you are mostly right and yes, I feel it is time to give it a rest too.
I had already quit the thread about Polanski and I stopped replying to cheeso a while ago, so the "you keep coming back" statement is not really accurate (I had never said that I would quit ALL discussions).
But yes, this one is getting tiresome too.
I really don't know why I got so involved in the first place.
Normally I am much wiser myself.
I have never intervened at this level before.
I have always posted only about music or cinema (few will remember now, but what I wrote was normally appreciated): I guess a build up of irritation about certain behaviors had the best of me. And when I found myself right in the middle of it I felt I had to try and do something.
But, like you said, you really can't convince anyone about who is in the wrong and even less change the mind of the “big alliance”.
So I rest my case and go back to enjoying my holidays.
I will see you all to comment on the new releases that are coming out later this year.

Jul 22, 2010, 14:19

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

velvetwater wrote:
I have always posted only about music or cinema

Your posts about music are excellent imo.

Jul 22, 2010, 22:02

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
velvetwater wrote:
I have always posted only about music or cinema

Your posts about music are excellent imo.

Thanks.
I see from your "image" that you must like CAN.
I have heard amazing news. Starting at the end of the year or maybe at the beginning of 2011 they will release unreleased archive material from both 60's and 70's!
There will be "at least" three releases and the rest (Irmin Schmidt said they have about 30 hours of very interesting recordings) will be available on line.
I think this is great news for everyone who love this German band.

Jul 22, 2010, 23:53

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Yes, this is exciting news. I didnt know this!

Jul 23, 2010, 21:00

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

I really liked the Kamasutra soundtrack LP from earlier this year. I hadnt heard that until its (re)release.

Jul 23, 2010, 21:11

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index