Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Re: Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?

Clearly it would be a good idea to have some form of moderation -other forums I access are moderated and they are far more entertaining than the indescribable bollocks bollocksness that this one has degenerated into (in many threads).

It may be going through a difficult phase, but come on you bunch of schizoid fuck-ups, dump your ego junk elsewhere, mend your egos elsewhere, just...go elsewhere, basically. You're fundamentally boring in a way you're too dense to comprehend. You're interrupting my (and many other people's)interest in and pleasure from this board, so would you just fuck off?

Censorship exists everywhere -we censor ourselves, we censor our histories, we censor each other to protect each other, we censor on a moment-by-moment basis. Moderation is censorship, censorship happens, and amongst people unwilling or unable to self-censor, there really isn't much of an alternative.

Could I suggest that several moderators are established to work together to stop the current degeneration into textual cess that we seem to have here?

Mind you, I wouldn't be one of them -simply no time to do it -and who apart from the trolls has the time to patrol the boards?

Mar 26, 2011, 21:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Babylon01 wrote:
Clearly it would be a good idea to have some form of moderation -other forums I access are moderated and they are far more entertaining than the indescribable bollocks bollocksness that this one has degenerated into (in many threads).

It may be going through a difficult phase, but come on you bunch of schizoid fuck-ups, dump your ego junk elsewhere, mend your egos elsewhere, just...go elsewhere, basically. You're fundamentally boring in a way you're too dense to comprehend. You're interrupting my (and many other people's)interest in and pleasure from this board, so would you just fuck off?

Censorship exists everywhere -we censor ourselves, we censor our histories, we censor each other to protect each other, we censor on a moment-by-moment basis. Moderation is censorship, censorship happens, and amongst people unwilling or unable to self-censor, there really isn't much of an alternative.

Could I suggest that several moderators are established to work together to stop the current degeneration into textual cess that we seem to have here?

Mind you, I wouldn't be one of them -simply no time to do it -and who apart from the trolls has the time to patrol the boards?

It's an unmoderated board. Your abusive language doesn't help, and doesn't get you what you want.

Mar 26, 2011, 21:16

MY RETURN
1963 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
it was I believe stereolabs desire when they began this forum for freedom and let the chips fall where they may. This topic comes up from time to time with the newer forumites. There have been some bans on users but they have been abusive and stalking and really aggressive and threatening. but, they came back. and the forum was at one point closed to all, fortunately it was reestablished. I think their management takes care of any problems so contact him with your complaints and issues. Maybe it can be resolved. I can't imagine stereolab would be into banning and censorship. we all say stupid things just ignore it and don't get so bent out of shape, if possible.
There are NO INNOCENT at this forum. Everyone has participated in belittling whether it was out of fun, boredom or righteous indignation.

Mar 26, 2011, 21:23

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I know censorship exists , is unavoidable? I disagree to some extent. What's for the kids is for the kids; the adults-the adults.

Mar 26, 2011, 23:16

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

If you can't interpret censorship that's not my prob. but it can be blameless to misinterpret until criminal reactions.

Mar 26, 2011, 23:19

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Babylon01 wrote:

It's an unmoderated board. Your abusive language doesn't help, and doesn't get you what you want.

You're right -sorry for any offense, people

Mar 27, 2011, 12:27

MY RETURN
1963 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
what are you talking about? no we don't need a moderator. When LBO and I said something racist about Michael Jacksons kids my stove exploded into a flash flame and burnt me. This thing moderates itself. I think I called his kids "Darkies" but they are not, but I didn't know that because they had been walking around with scarves on their heads. I guess I should have been more hip w/ following Michael Jackson in his lifetime. He's brilliant.
No, we don't need a moderator. I think the moderator gets a kick out of our stupid arguments about dumb rock band glory when the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Just like the Easter Bunny oh yeah, don't forget religious and political persecution!!
speaking of which - when can we expect Laetitias' Marxism essay? I'm eagerly awaiting it.

Darkies..wow. Way to show intelligence.

Mar 27, 2011, 22:31

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Mods don't solve anything.

There's plenty of forums where they jump in and escalate.

Mar 27, 2011, 22:33

hito
hito
1745 posts

I have decided I am going to bump this thread every time the forum becomes a cesspit of garbage.

May 07, 2011, 12:32

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

hito wrote:
I have decided I am going to bump this thread every time the forum becomes a cesspit of garbage.

Well, feel free to bump it, but the whole "moderation or no" debate is rather pointless, as no administrators ever come here anymore. It's Lord of the Flies, man...blow the bloody conch to your heart's content, but expect no headmaster!

May 07, 2011, 12:43

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index