Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?

thomas2 wrote:
Do you know what arrogance is?

Yes. It's being like you.

May 09, 2011, 21:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:
I have decided I am going to bump this thread every time the forum becomes a cesspit of garbage.

Nothing screams "non-conformist" like demanding a forum moderator...

May 10, 2011, 16:05

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

life is like a zombie film, except the zombies dont eat brains, but they do all enjoy the new single from adele. its so annoying.

May 10, 2011, 17:24

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

big commercial forums have moderators, this is the forum of a band.

May 10, 2011, 17:55

hito
hito
1745 posts

I can see why you choose to respond to things I say in one thread in another thread. That way, you don't have to make any sense nor do you have to deal with the inevitable destruction of your feeble, one sentence "debates".

To equate moderation with conformity is to suggest that rebellion is based in the inability to conduct oneself properly.

There is nothing "punk" about littering or punching people. By analogy, there is nothing "punk" about having people like you tell others to go fuck themself or having sluss drop all of its verbal litter everywhere on this forum. Moderation is simply a desire to remove such non-contributions from this forum.

The fact is that 99% of us self moderate every day. We think about what we are going to write here, type it, edit it, then post. If I am "censoring" myself, then perhaps John Stuart Mill should come and save me from myself. On the other hand, if I am simply making a sensible choice then there is no censorship. Therefore, a moderator who could act as a collective brain for the forum, deleting abuse and genuine dross (i.e. every post by sluss) would be great for the forum.

May 10, 2011, 21:29

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:
I can see why you choose to respond to things I say in one thread in another thread. That way, you don't have to make any sense nor do you have to deal with the inevitable destruction of your feeble, one sentence "debates".

To equate moderation with conformity is to suggest that rebellion is based in the inability to conduct oneself properly.

There is nothing "punk" about littering or punching people. By analogy, there is nothing "punk" about having people like you tell others to go fuck themself or having sluss drop all of its verbal litter everywhere on this forum. Moderation is simply a desire to remove such non-contributions from this forum.

The fact is that 99% of us self moderate every day. We think about what we are going to write here, type it, edit it, then post. If I am "censoring" myself, then perhaps John Stuart Mill should come and save me from myself. On the other hand, if I am simply making a sensible choice then there is no censorship. Therefore, a moderator who could act as a collective brain for the forum, deleting abuse and genuine dross (i.e. every post by sluss) would be great for the forum.

Sluss's contribution don't conform to your ideals...but you could always just ignore them, no?

May 10, 2011, 21:44

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

internet foolery is my only means of expression here. as my mind is not full of information, so i cannot post anything informative, and thus do not have anything important to add. so i just play with the forum, like its a playground. then i watch dodgey tv programmes, like russia today. which has f&cked my brain. i dont have it all set out, as to what i want to post. as i dont have internet poster as my day job. to be honest i might have used the whole stereolab notion as an excuse to be a bit slack on here.

May 10, 2011, 23:05

hito
hito
1745 posts

I could if they were not slushed all over the forum. For example, I look to see what people have replied to and what is the current topic. Now, when I log on, I see that there has been replies in this thread. fortunately, one was from you and reasonable. The other is another inane post from sluss. And when I started a thread, may replies came from sluss despite my request not to have the thread ruined by it. If sluss just posted one or two threads, fine. But the forum is awash with its inane threads and inane posts. I can ignore one or two pointless posts or threads but this has gone beyond a joke. It is spam.

May 10, 2011, 23:23

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

i'm glad you refer to me as 'it'. that means i am truly future bound, and androgenous. thanks.

May 10, 2011, 23:26

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

hito wrote:
If sluss just posted one or two threads, fine. But the forum is awash with its inane threads and inane posts. I can ignore one or two pointless posts or threads but this has gone beyond a joke. It is spam.

Slush, er, sluss, is a troll, a useless troll.

May 12, 2011, 01:52

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index