Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microman
13 posts

Re: Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?

That was very funny, thanks. Guess who I am and win a pound!!!

May 12, 2011, 04:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Someone pretending to be British. :)

May 12, 2011, 04:11

microman
13 posts

Good try old boy! better luck next time.

May 12, 2011, 15:43

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:
I could if they were not slushed all over the forum. For example, I look to see what people have replied to and what is the current topic. Now, when I log on, I see that there has been replies in this thread. fortunately, one was from you and reasonable. The other is another inane post from sluss. And when I started a thread, may replies came from sluss despite my request not to have the thread ruined by it. If sluss just posted one or two threads, fine. But the forum is awash with its inane threads and inane posts. I can ignore one or two pointless posts or threads but this has gone beyond a joke. It is spam.

It's the internet. You take it, and yourself, too seriously.

And you called them out in the thread you started, it's pretty stupid to expect them not to respond.

May 12, 2011, 15:47

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Can I wade in here? You know I have to say as a relative newcomer here that Hito, whatever his perceived pomposity / pretentiousness / condescension etc is good for this forum -he tries to raise the tone of it, important in these dark days of sluss, etc.

At least you can read and engage with Hito's contributions, which construct viewpoints well beyond the solipsistic bilge perpetrated here by sluss and company. Surely that's one reason to come here, to engage with other contributors, agree with them or not, dig their tastes in whatever or not, maybe share a bit of 'lab love too.

Doesn't have to get personal -although obviously our identities are defined to varying extents by this band and this forum, I don't think people should be personalising others' comments as much as they do. It's understandable if this happens, but it can get a bit laborious.

I'm getting a bit laborious myself, so I'll be shutting up now. Night.

May 12, 2011, 21:13

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

I will never understand people who want to impose rules on other people's speech.

May 12, 2011, 21:46

hito
hito
1745 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
I will never understand people who want to impose rules on other people's speech.

cyberpainter disagrees with you and I agree with cyberpainter.

May 13, 2011, 05:01

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Probably has something to do with fear...

May 13, 2011, 05:24

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Very good point, thanks.

May 13, 2011, 17:25

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
hito wrote:
If sluss just posted one or two threads, fine. But the forum is awash with its inane threads and inane posts. I can ignore one or two pointless posts or threads but this has gone beyond a joke. It is spam.

Slush, er, sluss, is a troll, a useless troll.

Lady Blah-Blah

May 13, 2011, 17:44

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index