Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?
106 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?

hito wrote:
I can see why you choose to respond to things I say in one thread in another thread. That way, you don't have to make any sense nor do you have to deal with the inevitable destruction of your feeble, one sentence "debates".

To equate moderation with conformity is to suggest that rebellion is based in the inability to conduct oneself properly.

There is nothing "punk" about littering or punching people. By analogy, there is nothing "punk" about having people like you tell others to go fuck themself or having sluss drop all of its verbal litter everywhere on this forum. Moderation is simply a desire to remove such non-contributions from this forum.

The fact is that 99% of us self moderate every day. We think about what we are going to write here, type it, edit it, then post. If I am "censoring" myself, then perhaps John Stuart Mill should come and save me from myself. On the other hand, if I am simply making a sensible choice then there is no censorship. Therefore, a moderator who could act as a collective brain for the forum, deleting abuse and genuine dross (i.e. every post by sluss) would be great for the forum.

Sluss's contribution don't conform to your ideals...but you could always just ignore them, no?

May 10, 2011, 21:44

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: