Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Christian fist fight at Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Re: Christian fist fight at Church of the Holy Sepulchre

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
[quote="wracket"]
Nope, no need "worship" a damn thing.
[quote]

What a sad life you must have if you don't respect or revere anything.

Yes, I live a very sad life. Thanks for your concern though.

Nov 11, 2008, 14:58

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Respect and reverence are different from worship.

Nov 11, 2008, 15:11

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Middle English worshipe: worthiness, respect, reverence

to honor or reverence
to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion

Nov 11, 2008, 15:17

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Holy Altercation, Batman!

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you christian or buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you catholic or protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me too! Are you episcopalian or baptist?" He said, "Baptist!" I said,"Wow! Me too! Are you baptist church of god or baptist church of the lord?" He said, "Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you original baptist church of god, or are you reformed baptist church of god?" He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off. -- Emo Phillips

Nov 11, 2008, 16:17

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Holy Altercation, Batman!

Labhead wrote:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you christian or buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you catholic or protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me too! Are you episcopalian or baptist?" He said, "Baptist!" I said,"Wow! Me too! Are you baptist church of god or baptist church of the lord?" He said, "Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you original baptist church of god, or are you reformed baptist church of god?" He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off. -- Emo Phillips

"That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another."

Nov 11, 2008, 16:24

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Middle English worshipe: to regard with GREAT or EXTRAVAGANT respect

Good, then we're all in agreement.

Nov 11, 2008, 16:27

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

wracket wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:

Middle English worshipe: to regard with GREAT or EXTRAVAGANT respect

Good, then we're all in agreement.

Middle English worshipe: worthiness, respect, reverence

Nov 11, 2008, 16:33

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

You're in disagreement with one of the modern definitions of worship, not the middle english meaning.

Nov 11, 2008, 16:37

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

You are twisting around linguistic principles by doing this, LBO. I know it's your M.O., but it's unnecessary and deceitful.

Let anyone who's interested (though I can't imagine many would be) judge for themselves:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worship

Or should I just play your game and take the word back to its Proto-Indo-European root?

Nov 11, 2008, 16:37

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

You're in disagreement with one of the modern definitions of worship, not the middle english meaning.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that we were carrying out our conversations on the board in Middle English. Boy, is my face red.

Nov 11, 2008, 16:39

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index