Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Christian fist fight at Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Christian fist fight at Church of the Holy Sepulchre

wracket wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
No, I knew that Old English existed before. I just didn't look up the origin of this word.

Anyway, thanks for helping to prove my point.

Glad I could be of service. All I can hope is that any lunatic who read this far into this thread has seen just how awesomely brilliant you are, LBO!

I never claimed to be awesomely brilliant. However, I could claim a few things about you and will refrain from doing so.

I think anyone reading the thread can see that there are other definitions IN MODERN ENGLISH of the word "worship" that do not explicitly mean "to prostrate oneself before a god" and DO mean to revere, respect, adore, etc. I have given ample demonstration of that.

Nov 11, 2008, 19:11

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

wracket wrote:
That depends on whether you worship true God or bloodthirsty Yaldabaoth.

Nope, no need "worship" a damn thing. We'll just take our chances with your "jealous God".

Personally I'd rather look for goodness in the real, as rare as it might be. Far saner, that.

Let's take a different route here...

Since you will not admit that you "worship," which is to say that you "revere" or "respect" anything, let's get to the real issue in this thread, which is your smug, arrogant condemnation of religion and your crass reduction of my religious views to an us vs. them, "jealous God" paradigm.

Obviously you have thinly veiled hatred of me?

Nov 11, 2008, 19:21

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

wracket wrote:

Nope, no need "worship" a damn thing. We'll just take our chances with your "jealous God".

Personally I'd rather look for goodness in the real, as rare as it might be. Far saner, that.

Since you will not admit that you "worship," which is to say that you "revere" or "respect" anything, let's get to the real issue in this thread, which is your smug, arrogant condemnation of religion and your crass reduction of my religious views to an us vs. them, "jealous God" paradigm.

No, not at all. I worship your right to believe whatever you choose to believe, LBO. I know you think of yourself as a kind of Paul Worship, riding in to warn everyone "The Atheists are coming!", and feel that people like me are disworshipful of you and your one-with-Yahweh level of spiritual enlightenment. But if I come off as belligerently irworshipnt with you, let me apologize here, sir!

Nov 11, 2008, 19:32

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

there's not much worth in this thread.

let's talk about Midnight Cowboy. I watched it last night.

Nov 11, 2008, 19:40

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

wracket wrote:
wracket wrote:

No, not at all. I worship your right to believe whatever you choose to believe, LBO. I know you think of yourself as a kind of Paul Worship, riding in to warn everyone "The Atheists are coming!", and feel that people like me are disworshipful of you and your one-with-Yahweh level of spiritual enlightenment. But if I come off as belligerently irworshipnt with you, let me apologize here, sir!

Obviously you were bored and thought "hmm, let me attack God and see if LBO will get mad." How old are you, 3?

Nov 11, 2008, 19:44

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Come on now...I'm waiting.

Nov 11, 2008, 19:54

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Midnight Cowboy

allyourrushingwaves wrote:
there's not much worth in this thread.

let's talk about Midnight Cowboy. I watched it last night.

That is one great movie. Powerful sequences that I could never get out of my head. Very sad, yet very real, kinda like Lou Reed's music.

Did you know that sequence at the party they went to had some familiar faces from Andy Warhol's Factory scene?

Even though I don't like country music, I kinda like the opening song "Everybody's talkin' at me... I can't hear a word they're sayin'..."

Nov 11, 2008, 19:56

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Alright Wracket...you can just go on being sarcastic and hateful and see where it gets you in the end. Let's make fun of the Christians! Won't that be a blast? Isn't it fun to watch LBO get mad? Haha.

Well, at least I'm trying to be a good person, which is something that you are not.

Nov 11, 2008, 20:06

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

"Who the hell do you think you're dealing with, some old slut on 42nd Street? In case you didn't happen to notice it, I'm one helluva gorgeous chick!"

Nov 11, 2008, 20:16

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

This was a favorite sample from My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult.

Nov 11, 2008, 20:17

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index