Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
You know what disturbs me?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

You know what disturbs me?

And this has nothing to do with anything, but you know when you're watching an action movie, and a character casually grabs someone's head, and sharply twists it, snapping their neck, making a crunching sound? I don't know why, but I don't like it. I just saw it in a commercial for the upcoming show, Little Nikita, and it really grosses me out.

Jul 22, 2010, 01:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: You know what disturbs me?

I don't like to see holes in certain things, like the holes in bike helmets, it makes my skin crawl for some reason. It reminds me of trauma, or something.

Jul 22, 2010, 01:44

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

joint or eye surgery footage makes me squirm like nothing else.

i could watch my own mothers biopsy just don't touch them eyes or knees.

Jul 22, 2010, 01:54

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

autopsy not biopsy.

Jul 22, 2010, 01:55

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I watched Karate Kid movie and they never said why mother moved to China. I liked movie. but I could never get over the fact that they didn't state what the mothers' industry was. I guess they didn't want to promote foreign industry. It really ticked me off whole movie.

Jul 22, 2010, 02:20

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

it was major hole in story I couldn't get over. why do you up and move to China? We need a reason. It was good though.

also noted was the absence of music during the three hour movie- what a blessing from God. No emotional instruction from crude composer/illustrators. It's a miracle.

Jul 22, 2010, 02:24

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

They played 5 songs in almost three hours. very innovative!

Jul 22, 2010, 02:25

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

also noted was the absence of music during the three hour movie- what a blessing from God. No emotional instruction from crude composer/illustrators. It's a miracle.

You know slushy, that is one of my pet peeves also. I'm quite shocked that such a commercial movie didn't do that.

Jul 22, 2010, 02:41

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

it was great. the dialogue wasn't much, but the story was told through pictures and pantomime, uh, acting! I didn't want to go see it, esp. because it was three hours, but I was surprised. It's not the best ever. unless you have three hours to kill, it's for the adolescents but adults won't be patronized. It's okay. It wasn't one song scenario after another and it easily could have been.

Jul 22, 2010, 02:56

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
And this has nothing to do with anything, but you know when you're watching an action movie, and a character casually grabs someone's head, and sharply twists it, snapping their neck, making a crunching sound? I don't know why, but I don't like it. I just saw it in a commercial for the upcoming show, Little Nikita, and it really grosses me out.

Jack Bauer is the king of that particular move.

Jul 22, 2010, 22:01

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index