Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
You know what disturbs me?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: You know what disturbs me?

s_lush_s wrote:
also noted was the absence of music during the three hour movie- what a blessing from God. No emotional instruction from crude composer/illustrators. It's a miracle.

Music can sometimes be critical to the movie. Imagine A Clockwork Orange or Star Wars without the music. They might still be OK, but the music is a major component in those.

Jul 22, 2010, 22:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
And this has nothing to do with anything, but you know when you're watching an action movie, and a character casually grabs someone's head, and sharply twists it, snapping their neck, making a crunching sound? I don't know why, but I don't like it. I just saw it in a commercial for the upcoming show, Little Nikita, and it really grosses me out.

could you perhaps post a youtube clip of said crunching sound?

Jul 22, 2010, 22:51

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Jul 22, 2010, 23:13

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

what a dumb looking show. i never considered myself a violent person but i SO want to see this character die...

Jul 22, 2010, 23:27

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Ha imagine Clockwork Orange without the Rugby Chastity Belt. I might take it seriously.
Now James Bond opening sequence, not the femmes but the metal aperture. Far more telling.

Jul 23, 2010, 04:22

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

you know what I hate... when your friend is riding in a car and she's not wearing her seat belt, and then she runs into a tree. and her neck makes that sound, and she breaks her neck on the dashboard and she dies instantly. that really disturbs me. then she only like nineteen. and you rush to the hospital and her family is there. yeah, that's THE worst, that sound.

Jul 23, 2010, 04:44

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Phones in the restroom!

It's hard enough in there. Then some hyena's gossiping it up or doing a merger while they have the squirts. Is that the accepted norm now?

2. Pajamas in public-It's NOT cute. If you love sporting furry slippers, you're probably furry somewhere else. Put on some fucking clothes! lol

3. Natalie Portman-I'm sure she's a fine actress. But, she's not a fine actress. Her body looks like cardboard. I can't wait to ignore the Oscars. :)

Feb 23, 2011, 22:58

TheAllNewCybele
72 posts

Re: You know what disturbs me? Uggs.

Uggs.

Yeah, I want my feet to look three sizes larger than they are. I want something that soaks water in. I don't wear socks, so my feet can rot and smell like death. Uggs also soak up all salt, grime, and shit that they come into contact with. You can't get it out. They also cost a lot of money and they're out of style.

Uggs. . .fuck you.

Cybele

Feb 24, 2011, 00:46

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: You know what disturbs me? Movies and guns

I find the ubiquitous stupid movie posters that have the actors smiling with guns or toting guns totally disturbing. A gun can kill people. It is not funny or cool. This kind of exposure is desensitising and it is on bus stops and other places that people are just going about their lives.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3270545152/tt1385867

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1581157376/tt1103153

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1597542144/tt1560954

Just idiotic.

Can we get past guns?

And guns are the weakest plot device available. What to do with a problem? Let's shoot someone dead or rob a bank or both. How can the hero triumph? Shoot the enemy. Right, so realistic and such useful advice.

Feb 24, 2011, 11:47

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: You know what disturbs me? Movies and guns

hito wrote:
I find the ubiquitous stupid movie posters that have the actors smiling with guns or toting guns totally disturbing. A gun can kill people. It is not funny or cool. This kind of exposure is desensitising and it is on bus stops and other places that people are just going about their lives.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3270545152/tt1385867

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1581157376/tt1103153

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1597542144/tt1560954

Just idiotic.

Can we get past guns?

And guns are the weakest plot device available. What to do with a problem? Let's shoot someone dead or rob a bank or both. How can the hero triumph? Shoot the enemy. Right, so realistic and such useful advice.

Agree. I like it that there is a homoerotic subtext to a lot of this nonsense that can undermine the macho posing if it is pointed out - muscly men without shirts or in leather gear brandishing their weapons for all to see...oh my!

Feb 24, 2011, 13:36

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index