Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork

Nice colour scheme / font!

Less tracks than I expected, and a possibly alternate version of "Silver Sands" and this "Neon Beanbag (Atlas Sound Mix)" don't excite me much, but I look forward to hearing the new titles a great deal :)

Aug 17, 2010, 19:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

the Atlas Sound remix is actually pretty good. I think I got it off of Pitchfork back in 2008. it's very glassy and shimmery. not as great as the original version, but a thoughtful tribute nonetheless.

Aug 17, 2010, 19:30

k.
k.
407 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
a minimalist design for the album cover and I'm not surprized. At least there is the swirl to add a little energy to the android lettering.

Oronzo de Filippi - Meccanizzazione

Hmmm, on Chemical Chords, the title track borrowed liberally from that album's "Chimica industriale" too.

Aug 17, 2010, 19:51

k.
k.
407 posts

k. wrote:
jauntymonty wrote:
a minimalist design for the album cover and I'm not surprized. At least there is the swirl to add a little energy to the android lettering.

Oronzo de Filippi - Meccanizzazione

Hmmm, on Chemical Chords, the title track borrowed liberally from that album's "Chimica industriale" too.

(Meccanizzazione by Oronzo de Filippi.)

Aug 17, 2010, 19:52

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Silver Sands is one of my favorites on CC, but I dislike the live version.

Aug 17, 2010, 19:54

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Ugh, tacking a remix on the end is so depressing...

Aug 17, 2010, 20:53

rufus
rufus
82 posts

Labhead wrote:
Oh great, the cover looks like it says Snot Music. :/

That's what I thought immediately. Do you think it is a double criticism? snot music or not music; either way it looks bad.

Aug 17, 2010, 21:24

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

rufus wrote:
Labhead wrote:
Oh great, the cover looks like it says Snot Music. :/

That's what I thought immediately. Do you think it is a double criticism? snot music or not music; either way it looks bad.

After going through the 5 stages of grief, I've come to a conclusion.

1) Denial and Isolation - It's NOT Not Music, ok?

2) Anger - It's SNOT MUSIC, dammit!!

3) Bargaining - Maybe it's s'not music, like short for "is not music".

4) Depression - No, it looks like Snot Music. sniff

5) Acceptance - OK, who gives a shit, it's Not Music, it's a thing of beauty!

Aug 17, 2010, 21:39

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Stew!

Aug 17, 2010, 21:42

Cyberpanter
4 posts

revox wrote:
Cyberpanter wrote:
Can people stop picking on Slushy? She is a good kid.

Who you calling 'people' fu*kwit - don't mess with your worst nightmare. Piss off.

~8^|>

ooh an internet tough guy who can't even type an actual curse word...scary!!

Aug 17, 2010, 21:51

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index