Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork

flatironsteak wrote:
Oh my am I the only person who likes silver sands? I think silver sands along with neon beanbag,fractal dream of a thing,magne music are the best in CC. those tour ep aren't as good in my opinion. the silver sands live version's intro is definitely very contrived and annoying. I hope it is not the same version in NM.

velvetwater: I do agree that CC is not the best of stereolab, but it is better than FFS by a lot. It is interesting to see how different our tastes are on stereolab music ( I can tell you velvetwater is one of my top 10 favorite lab songs)

I personally can't wait to listen to the new tracks.

Re Silver Sands- There's something about the songs that have this simple beat that is amplified or created by the keyboards that I just don't like. I don't like it in High Llamas either.

But i agree Magne Music and Fractal Dream of a Thing are nice ones, even though they also have that type of beat in small parts. I think I don't like the tone of the keyboard sounds very much in general on CC, and the High Llamas type strings.

Aug 21, 2010, 16:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

flatironsteak wrote:
Oh my am I the only person who likes silver sands? I think silver sands along with neon beanbag,fractal dream of a thing,magne music are the best in CC. those tour ep aren't as good in my opinion. the silver sands live version's intro is definitely very contrived and annoying. I hope it is not the same version in NM.

velvetwater: I do agree that CC is not the best of stereolab, but it is better than FFS by a lot. It is interesting to see how different our tastes are on stereolab music ( I can tell you velvetwater is one of my top 10 favorite lab songs)

I personally can't wait to listen to the new tracks.

I do agree that CC is much better than FFS.
Believe me, I did try hard to get to like SILVER SANDS, but I could not manage. However, ironically, I think the live intro improved it!
As per VELVETWATER...well you know how high I rate it haven chosen it as my username.
So: different tastes, but also similar tastes!

Aug 21, 2010, 19:44

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

Re Silver Sands- There's something about the songs that have this simple beat that is amplified or created by the keyboards that I just don't like. I don't like it in High Llamas either.

But i agree Magne Music and Fractal Dream of a Thing are nice ones, even though they also have that type of beat in small parts. I think I don't like the tone of the keyboard sounds very much in general on CC, and the High Llamas type strings.

Do you mean the fast tempo staccato chords or the "annoying" riff on the vibraphone?
Normally, unlike on SILVER SANDS, Stereolab and High Llamas use mallet instruments to great effect.
And I actually like Sean's strings arrangements quite a lot too (the track CHEMICAL CHORDS being my favorite in the album).
I know you don't like High Llamas, but I actually love most of thei stuff.

Aug 21, 2010, 19:53

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

velvetwater wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

Do you mean the fast tempo staccato chords or the "annoying" riff on the vibraphone?
Normally, unlike on SILVER SANDS, Stereolab and High Llamas use mallet instruments to great effect.
And I actually like Sean's strings arrangements quite a lot too (the track CHEMICAL CHORDS being my favorite in the album).
I know you don't like High Llamas, but I actually love most of thei stuff.

Yes, I mean the staccato chord which is basically the rhythm of the song. I tend to like the vibraphone, even though that riff isn't the best one.

Aug 21, 2010, 21:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

chords

Aug 21, 2010, 21:28

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Chemical Chords is almost perfect for me. Although I always skip Pop Molecule and most of the times the Chemical Chords track, but with bonus tracks included I find it a very delicious album, although it is impossible for me to say which one Stereolab album I like the most.

That being said, I was absolutely sure that this was going to be a double album. It's just a CD, so I assume more is to come, at least on the JP version of Not Music. Can't wait to hear the new songs!

Aug 29, 2010, 17:31

YZ
YZ
72 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
OMG! BACHS' CUCKOO AND NIGHTINGALE, UH, BMV 57 ? FOR 4 HARPSICHORDS, my SIGNATURE (UNDERLINED) TUNE IS APPEARING ON
STEREOLABS not music TO BE RELEASED nov. 16 2010????

LOCO!!!!!!!!!

Are those song titles that I haven't heard of yet?

Aug 29, 2010, 17:34

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

just dutifully purchased Not Music.

i'm not expecting to have my mind blown by this. Maybe that means i'll be pleasantly surprised.

While i wasn't thrilled about CC, i still listen to it once in a while, skipping a few tracks. i don't think it's THAT bad. But obviously, a few songs were sub-par. i'm not gonna have a heart attack about it.

Aug 29, 2010, 18:41

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

A vibrator phone can cause a fistula if over used. I find your taste in music cheap, unpalatable, and an avoidable pandemic. Stereolab is the best thing that ever happened to you- yet you come to this forum touting crap! you want insults? there. insults. take them to heart. suck some cock while your at it. I can sense gay male prostitute/ transgender from another galaxy. whatever. do I care. no. just buy some fucking records,. buy ten. the point is, buy a record. insults? insults pay? well then you owe me bitch!

Aug 31, 2010, 06:45

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

whoops! I incorrectly spelled "you are" oh well. I'm having another one of my government funded mentally ill days. do I I care? well hell no! was I working it? uh, yeah, the best i could for today.

Insults, anybody? Bring me your sacrifices.

Aug 31, 2010, 06:50

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index